UPDATE- Boldin Retires after 2 Weeks with the Bills

Kmart128

On 9/3/2017 at 3:43 PM, marshawn lynch said:

Well Boldin and Patriots have expressed mutual interest... Anquan loves to lie doesnt he? I always thought he was a class act. Apparently not... to bad we control his rights. If im Beane i would hold onto him unless Pats give us a 1st round pick.

Relax killer. He doesn't want to play for a team that's tanking, and that is completely reasonable.

1 minute ago, IDOG_det said:

Relax killer. He doesn't want to play for a team that's tanking, and that is completely reasonable.

Then he should've just said that's why he wanted out. He lied saying his passion for his stuff he works on outside of football was more important.  Now he sees an opening on NE and he has passion for football again. I hope the Bills hold his rights. I understand he doesn't want to play for a team on the decline. He went about it the wrong way IMO.

2 minutes ago, steadypimpin said:

Then he should've just said that's why he wanted out. He lied saying his passion for his stuff he works on outside of football was more important.  Now he sees an opening on NE and he has passion for football again. I hope the Bills hold his rights. I understand he doesn't want to play for a team on the decline. He went about it the wrong way IMO.

He never said his passion for football went away, he said his other passion became more important at that time. And now he said he would consider playing if he could play for the Patriots. He didn't lie about anything, he isn't screwing the Bills, he isn't doing something underhanded. He simply decided that playing for a team that wasn't intent on competing wasn't important to him and then stated that playing for a team that is intent on winning would be important to him. There's nothing wrong with that.

Just now, IDOG_det said:

He never said his passion for football went away, he said his other passion became more important at that time. And now he said he would consider playing if he could play for the Patriots. He didn't lie about anything, he isn't screwing the Bills, he isn't doing something underhanded. He simply decided that playing for a team that wasn't intent on competing wasn't important to him and then stated that playing for a team that is intent on winning would be important to him. There's nothing wrong with that.

yes there is. He took the Bills job because he didn't really have any other offers IIRC. Now that NE needs a possession guy he wants to "unretire". It's crap and you know it. 

1 minute ago, steadypimpin said:

yes there is. He took the Bills job because he didn't really have any other offers IIRC. Now that NE needs a possession guy he wants to "unretire". It's crap and you know it. 

I think he said he considered the Bills contenders when he signed. Everything they've done since then seems like a team not trying to contend.

2 minutes ago, steadypimpin said:

The Lions were open about wanting him back all off-season, the Bills weren't his only option. It's not crap and I know that. If you look into the situation just a tiny bit you could see that as well.

"Ben Volin of the Boston Globe reports that Boldin and the Patriots had mutual interest before he signed with the Bills — and that Boldin “remains intrigued by the possibility of playing for the Patriots."

Boldin never came out and said he wanted to un-retire. Boldin never said anything. Everything is based on some Boston reporters speculation about his "intrigue" of playing for the Patriots. This reporter probably knew that there was interest from Boldin in signing with the Patriots before he signed with the Bills, and connected the dots after Boldin retired and after Edelman got injured. This story is not a big deal at all, yet you're rushing to judge and criticize Boldin over nothing.

3 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Yeah, I don't see this happening. For one, I think it's all speculation. And for two, the Bills own his rights.

for 3, there is almost no news on this outside of a quote that didnt even say he was un-retiring. People be quick to jump down the man's throat

20 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

This team is tanking. If we were tankjng we wouldnt have bothered to bring in Matthews and Gaines. We would have just brought in more draft picks. 

And if he had an issue then Why sign and retire. That is a very childish way to handle the situation. If reports are true then Anquan is a terrible person. Not only would he have lied to and NFL organization. But also NFL fans as a whole. And he would have lied about wanting to do humantiarian work. That makes him look really bad if true

2 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

This team is tanking. If we were tankjng we wouldnt have bothered to bring in Matthews and Gaines. We would have just brought in more draft picks. 

And if he had an issue then Why sign and retire. That is a very childish way to handle the situation. If reports are true then Anquan is a terrible person. Not only would he have lied to and NFL organization. But also NFL fans as a whole. And he would have lied about wanting to do humantiarian work. That makes him look really bad if true

Only to you.

27 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:

Only to you.

No to anyone with morals. Thats like saying that you are gonna donate to hurricane harvey relief efforts  and back out at thr last second. You dont say you are going to do humantiarian stuff then back out... especially with hurricane harvey and hurricane irma on its way

6 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

If reports are true then Anquan is a terrible person

yes, the guy that donates countless hours of his time to improving communities and has donated a ton of money to help other peoples lives is a terrible person because...you think he lied?...about...something?

Archived