UPDATE- Boldin Retires after 2 Weeks with the Bills

Kmart128

3 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

How are we any worse than last year? Lmfao

Darby was garbage for us last year, Gilmore was  also garbage outside of the stretch run last year where he played well.

Sammy never played anyways, and sure we lost Robert Woods and Zach Brown but we added Gerald Hodges who could be what ZB was, and Zay Jones and Jordan Matthews to replace Woods, and then never suited up Sammy.

And biggest of all we replaced the awful Rex Ryan.

How exactly are we worse in any way? It's literally the same team with some lateral moves.

Darby played hurt all year last year. Watkins as you say was injured most of the year. For the Bills to make a postseason push, these guys needed to get healthy and produce. And say what you want about Gilmore, but I don't see any reason to get any more optimistic about a duo of Tre'Davious "overdrafted" White and E.J. "was going to get cut by the Rams" Gaines.

And even if you're completely right and the Bills are no worse for wear... that means they still are a sub-.500 team again. And another 7-9 season is actually a worse case scenario since it would pretty much put them out of position to grab one of the elite QB prospects in next year's draft. Regardless about whether or not the Bills got worse, I can't see a really enticing argument that they got better. At least if they kept their high-upside talented players like Gilmore, Darby, and Watkins there'd be a chance that the stars align and the Bills make a playoff push. There's no such upside to be found with Matthews and Gaines, though, at least in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, it's not entirely a bad idea to try to tank... the QB class in next year's draft looks fantastic.

40 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Darby played hurt all year last year. Watkins as you say was injured most of the year. For the Bills to make a postseason push, these guys needed to get healthy and produce. And say what you want about Gilmore, but I don't see any reason to get any more optimistic about a duo of Tre'Davious "overdrafted" White and E.J. "was going to get cut by the Rams" Gaines.

And even if you're completely right and the Bills are no worse for wear... that means they still are a sub-.500 team again. And another 7-9 season is actually a worse case scenario since it would pretty much put them out of position to grab one of the elite QB prospects in next year's draft. Regardless about whether or not the Bills got worse, I can't see a really enticing argument that they got better. At least if they kept their high-upside talented players like Gilmore, Darby, and Watkins there'd be a chance that the stars align and the Bills make a playoff push. There's no such upside to be found with Matthews and Gaines, though, at least in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, it's not entirely a bad idea to try to tank... the QB class in next year's draft looks fantastic.

I'm not arguing we will be better at all. I think we will be 7-9 again tbh. I just hate the whole "tank" idea because that's not what we are trying to do. We have enough assets to get to the top of the draft if we need to next year. 

I'd rather root for the Chiefs to sh- the bed than us lol.

The only reason I'm evenly cautiously optimistic this season is Sean McDermott I think is going be our guy finally, much like I felt about Gase for you guys last year. I think both were home run hires.

Rex completely ruined our team. I'm excited for McDermott and I genuinely think he will be one of those guys that are much better ahead Coaches than Coordinators. He's a leader of men and a no nonsense kind of guy. The anti Rex and exactly what this team needed.

2 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I'm not arguing we will be better at all. I think we will be 7-9 again tbh. I just hate the whole "tank" idea because that's not what we are trying to do. We have enough assets to get to the top of the draft if we need to next year. 

I'd rather root for the Chiefs to sh- the bed than us lol.

The only reason I'm evenly cautiously optimistic this season is Sean McDermott I think is going be our guy finally, much like I felt about Gase for you guys last year. I think both were home run hires.

Rex completely ruined our team. I'm excited for McDermott and I genuinely think he will be one of those guys that are much better ahead Coaches than Coordinators. He's a leader of men and a no nonsense kind of guy. The anti Rex and exactly what this team needed.

Eh, you're right. Tanking isn't exactly the right word. I think its pretty obvious though the Bills are investing in the future at the expense of the present. Flipping inconsistent (but high upside) assets for future assets they hope can become consistent contributors.. Which honestly is in the best thing to do for them. Personally I have them at 5-11 or 6-10, but that's not really so much different from the way you see it.

And yeah, I totally agree about Rex Ryan. Him outsting Schwartz was the worst decision your organization has done in recent memory.

I think we can both agree the Jets are worse tenfold :D

Sometimes players just need to suit up to realize there's nothing left in the tank.

A bright spot for the Bills is it doesn't look lìke it'll cost them financially. Not all the terms of the contract was released, but doesn't appear to be any guaranteed money.  

I was excited to see Boldin in a Bills uniform but he was never going to be the difference between 6-10 and 10-6. The Bills clearly aren't going anywhere this year and I don't blame him for not wanting to be apart of that. 

I did find it interesting that he felt the need to defend Tyrod though O.o

3 hours ago, areksoo said:

Sometimes players just need to suit up to realize there's nothing left in the tank.

This is part of it, but I also think there's something on his mind. Everything he's been saying suggests he's going to use his resources to try to make the world a better place.

Boldin won the Walter Payton Man of the Year award in 2016, largely due to his efforts to provide opportunities for underprivileged youth through his scholarship programs administered through his Q81 organization. I think he's going to dedicate his time to the organization.

Sure beats catching 40 passes for 500 some odd yards.

12 hours ago, Castiron said:

I'm surprised he made it that long.  Like every other team in the AFC Least not NE, that franchise is a disaster.

You think now we are a disaster of all times? lol I think we are in pretty decent shape TBH. 

I think the Dolphins are in pretty good shape as well, I'm a huge believer in Gase.

The Jets seem to be in the worst place at the moment.

On 8/21/2017 at 2:36 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

White over drafted? Wth? He has been awesome through out camp and preseason. Its early but he has played better than Gilmore ever has. We will see if it goes into the regular season but dude seems legit. Imo he is the most NFL ready Corner in this draft.

Gaines has been super impressive in his short time he is starting to be sprinkled in witj starters. Darby wasnt really injured. He got knicked up a bit. But he just struggled last year and struggled all training camp and otas. And he allowed a huge play against the Dolphins in preseason game with philly. Parker burned him. Thats what we saw all of last year. 

I wont say that we got better. But our floor got higher and ceiling got lower

15 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

White over drafted? Wth? He has been awesome through out camp and preseason. Its early but he has played better than Gilmore ever has. We will see if it goes into the regular season but dude seems legit. Imo he is the most NFL ready Corner in this draft.

Gaines has been super impressive in his short time he is starting to be sprinkled in witj starters. Darby wasnt really injured. He got knicked up a bit. But he just struggled last year and struggled all training camp and otas. And he allowed a huge play against the Dolphins in preseason game with philly. Parker burned him. Thats what we saw all of last year. 

I wont say that we got better. But our floor got higher and ceiling got lower

I can agree with this.

Well Boldin and Patriots have expressed mutual interest... Anquan loves to lie doesnt he? I always thought he was a class act. Apparently not... to bad we control his rights. If im Beane i would hold onto him unless Pats give us a 1st round pick.

Archived