Preseason Wk 1: 49ers v Chiefs GDT

Forge

6 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I just saw Jeff Driskel's stat line for CIN, I'm still pissed that we kept Ponder over Driskel last year. He probably won't ever turn into anything more than a backup, but I will never understand that decision.

Baalke gonna do Baalke things.

23 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Calitro is standing out to me.

This is what I was just coming back to say, Calitro showing up making plays on defense and STs. Will have to play this way every game during the preseason I believe to displace Coyle seeing as how Coyle has scheme knowledge and STs experience himself but I like what I'm seeing. If our PS could include Calitro, Bourne, James and Williams I'll be pretty damn happy with that.

Preseason or not, struggling 1st teams or not, getting a win feels good haha. As @y2lamanaki said many pages ago, I think we were all pretty aware this was a multi year rebuild. Definitely some positives to take away from the game and from our young guys. Got that arrow pointing up, even if it hasn't moved, it's headed in the right direction.

3 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

This is what I was just coming back to say, Calitro showing up making plays on defense and STs. Will have to play this way every game during the preseason I believe to displace Coyle seeing as how Coyle has scheme knowledge and STs experience himself but I like what I'm seeing. If our PS could include Calitro, Bourne, James and Williams I'll be pretty damn happy with that.

Darrell I assume?

1 minute ago, Geek said:

I'm thinking that Bourne could make that last receiver spot if he keeps playing like he did today. 

Still gotta be an uphill battle. Doesn't help his cause that Robinson made his big play. If we carry 6, i like his chances more, but otherwise i see practice squad

8 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Lots to process dissect from this one. Glad there doesn't appear to be any major injuries to anyone important (no offense to Blair - I don't know much about that one).

Even if blairs were serious, i view him as unlikely to make the roster. So from a team perspective, it wouldn't be that bad. Would suck for him, of course

1 hour ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Mostert in before Bibbs, you may be onto something @y2lamanaki I personally think it'd be a waste of a roster spot. 

Writing this at end of game ... surprised at how well he ran the ball too.  Returning ability, plus emergency rb, plus maybe a gunner role and he could well make the roster.  I had no idea how fast he is. Won the Big 10 indoor 60 title and then outdoors won both in the 100 and 200. I love that we've had a big increase in speed at the offensive skill positions. Hated to see Smith injury more than most here did because I loved his speed on defense too.  I was betting that by the start of regular season they'd have found a way to play both him and Foster along with Bowman. 

59 minutes ago, John232 said:

I think CJ Beathard has shown  enough to be encouraged that he could, at the very least continue his growth. Seems like he belongs here. Not discouraged by his game at all so far.

Exactly the same thought from me.  Nothing spectacular.  Acuuracy a little off.  But showed enough to build off of and how quickly he can progress.

3 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Beathard finished tonight with a 132.95 QBR. I'm hoping he can beat out Barkley out for the number 2 spot so we can dump Barkely and only carry 2 QBs. 

I really just wish he threw the ball with more authority. There's just something so...i dont know, passive, about his ball in the air

26 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Did I just hear that right - a penalty for two players wearing the same number on the receiving team? First time I've heard that penalty, lol

According to roster Will Davis CB and Tim Patrick WR both wear 4.  Both got in a punt.

Archived