Preseason Wk 1: 49ers v Chiefs GDT

Forge

Just now, Fureys49ers said:

So Trent Brown gets destroyed while trying to run block while being on of the bigger OTs in the league and then slides and mirrors well again Houston on both passes. I don't get it haha

He's an awful run blocker. Beginning to think that won't change. 

1 minute ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I don't see any way he makes the team. I thought it would be Breida or Bolden back there personally. 

I didn't until that. It's an odd choice for the "starting" KR entering preseason week 1. Lots can change, but just odd. 

Just now, Fureys49ers said:

So Trent Brown gets destroyed while trying to run block while being on of the bigger OTs in the league and then slides and mirrors well again Houston on both passes. I don't get it haha

Why not? I think that makes perfect sense that he is a good pass blocker and struggles in the run game with his size. No one is questioning if he is a good in pass protection. Heck, he may be better than Staley in that area.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Why not? I think that makes perfect sense that he is a good pass blocker and struggles in the run game with his size. No one is questioning if he is a good in pass protection. Heck, he may be better than Staley in that area.

Cause typically a man that large is mauler and road grader in the run game, throwing around their size and strength. He just wants to mirror defenders and play patty cake with them. Even with him being above average as pass pro he's such a liability in the run game he almost takes away the option of running to his side.

Archived