Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

17 hours ago, beekay414 said:

For sure, I would do something around Russell but I'm just not sure on what the framework would be.

I seriously hate the devils fans on that board sometimes. Its always something with them. Like now there is push back from one for doing a Russell trade to get up from 18 to 14 lol because 1) he thinks it would block us from signing or acquiring another LHD for some reason?, 2) It blocks a young guy apparently, which makes no sense because we don't really have any LHD ready to jump up to the NHL, and then 3) he advocated for re-signing Greene...because it makes sense to argue for not blocking young guys while advocating to bring Greene back, potentially paying him more and not getting an asset to do it

"for only 4 spots"....nevermind that the 4 spot jump could be huge with regards to landing someone like Jarvis, Quinn, Askarov, etc. 

Oh, and he stated that he'd rather move back to pick up a second rather than move up (without giving up additional real assets mind you), even though we know you're likely to get better players at the top of the draft, and we still have pick #20 where we could, you know, move down from and pick up a second with

37 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

@Forge That stuff happen on the trade board? 

Yeah....it just cracks me up. I mean, it's a 7th d-man to move up 7 spots....how anyone hates that deal or doesn't want to make it, is crazy...but he backed off at the end...it's just funny that it takes convincing at all. 

27 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah....it just cracks me up. I mean, it's a 7th d-man to move up 7 spots....how anyone hates that deal or doesn't want to make it, is crazy...but he backed off at the end...it's just funny that it takes convincing at all. 

lol just ignore them. The only way they'll ever do anything is if it's perfect for us. I mean there are people that are absolutely adamant on not moving Severson no matter what. Now, imagine had they felt that same exact way about Larsson? We wouldn't have multiple picks, and potentially 2 important players that we have now (Bahl for sure, Merkley as a really good bottom 6er potentially).

I mean, just look at how hard their stances are on moving Palmieri. I know we need players to score goals next year but, people, this isn't about next year at all. Next year is inconsequential in the long run except for the development of the youth. 

lol just realized you were talking about that Luffy guy. Yeah, he's not worth getting worked up over. That dude doesn't know wtf he's talking about half the time. I mean, in that thread, he literally said he thinks Subban is going to move to the left side...TO PLAY WITH SEVERSON lol. Like...what? 

16 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol just realized you were talking about that Luffy guy. Yeah, he's not worth getting worked up over. That dude doesn't know wtf he's talking about half the time. I mean, in that thread, he literally said he thinks Subban is going to move to the left side...TO PLAY WITH SEVERSON lol. Like...what? 

He brought that up in the trade thread as well lol. I was like...err...what? Why would we do that? lol

1 minute ago, Forge said:

He brought that up in the trade thread as well lol. I was like...err...what? Why would we do that? lol

He also said this about 20 minutes ago...woof.

Or we just trade up and draft both Sanderson and Perfetti/Quinn depending on whos taken before WPG!

I proposed a deal around Severson+18th for 10th+Stanley+Little

Have Little play for 2-3 years then buy him out if need be, his buyout money is very low