Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

lol 20 year old small LW still in the USHL so I'm gonna assume there was a massive reason why you just found out.

we could draft Laf, byfield and stutzle and if we didn't get gunnarwolfe, I'd be disappointed

• Like 1

I would actually consider doing both trades and then shipping Butcher out at 50% retained for a draft pick in either 2020 or 2021.

Vrana and Kempny for #20
Sergachev for #7 and Walsh
Sign Carson Soucy

Bratt-Hischier-Palmieri
Vrana-Hughes-Gusev (though I don't know how badly that line would would get it's **** pushed in on defense)

Sergachev-Severson
Soucy-Subban
Kempny-Smith

22 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Did you guys check out Pronmans 7 round mock draft? 

you guys had quite the 1st round 

I'm looking at it now, actually, and I honestly would be a little underwhelmed. I'm really good on the Raymond pick but I'm so-so on the Schneider and Zary picks as I feel like shooting the moon at 7 and then playing it safe at 18 and 20 is backassward and that's just what we'd be doing if the board fell that way. I'd be okay with it, honestly, because we're getting bonafide top 6 and top 4 NHLers, which is hard to do as it is, but I want to shoot the moon with guys like Perreault. 

EDIT - And we'd still have nothing in the system for RW if we did that as Raymond is a LW and Zary is a C/LW. That's why I'd take Perreault over Zary even if Zary is far more certain than Perreault to make the league.

Edited by beekay414

If the board fell the way Pronman's did, this is what I would do;

1.7 - Lucas Raymond | LW | Frolunda (SHL)
1.18 - Braden Schneider | RHD | Brandon (WHL) - I can live with it even if I'd rather just take 3 forwards in the 1st
1.20 - Jacob Perreault | RW | Sarnia (OHL)
3.84 - Tristen Robins | C | Saskatoon (WHL)
4.99 - Michael Benning | RHD | Sherwood Park (AJHL)
4.120 - Dylan Garand | G | Kamloops (WHL)
5.130 - Dmitri Rashevsky | W | MHK Dynamo (MHL)
6.161 - Veeti Miettinen | RW | Espoo (Jr A Liiga)
7.192 - Viktor Persson | RHD | Brynas (J20 SuperElit)

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Did you guys check out Pronmans 7 round mock draft? 

you guys had quite the 1st round 

I actually greatly disliked it besides the Raymond pick lol. I really don't like Zary...I feel like I'm in the minority there. The guys like Pronman and Wheeler seem to love him. And If we miss on Sanderson / Drysdale at the top of the round, i'm in favor of just punting defense until the middle rounds, though I know that is unlikely. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I actually greatly disliked it besides the Raymond pick lol. I really don't like Zary...I feel like I'm in the minority there. The guys like Pronman and Wheeler seem to love him. And If we miss on Sanderson / Drysdale at the top of the round, i'm in favor of just punting defense until the middle rounds, though I know that is unlikely. 

If we can do what I put up above your post, I'd be pretty damn happy with how the draft went.

EDIT - And yes, I did pillage STI's big board for the 5th through 7th round picks lol

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

lol @Forge looks like it's gonna be me and you on an island with Raymond over Rossi in our big board poll on HF

Its weird how many people on that board do not like raymond or just don't have much interest in him. He's almost an afterthought for a lot of people. 

I legitimately think that it's due in part to sti not talking about him. Not joking. He likes Raymond, but he's always been high on the likes of Sanderson and Rossi, and as such, the board has gotten weirdly amped about them over time. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Its weird how many people on that board do not like raymond or just don't have much interest in him. He's almost an afterthought for a lot of people. 

I legitimately think that it's due in part to sti not talking about him. Not joking. He likes Raymond, but he's always been high on the likes of Sanderson and Rossi, and as such, the board has gotten weirdly amped about them over time. 

Oh yeah, STI has a lot of sway over there. I feel like you and I are the only reasonable people that bring up other prospects and latch on to them. Like, I'm the one that's 1000% pushing the Perreault and Greig narrative and it's a hill I'm going to literally die on once they become members of any of the metro teams behind us. It's going to kill me to see those two play elsewhere and with my luck it'll be on the Rangers and Flyers.

Edited by beekay414