Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

If there is a year where it's different, its certainly this one. 

LIS, I Just think the structure of a Palms trade is different for some reason. I don't think it's going to be a typical Pick + prospect trade. I think it could be more "nhl trade" 

I'm basically arguing that we're going to get a good *** return for him, if we choose to trade him. It may not be traditional but it's going to be good. His contract, in this scenario and for his production, is going to be valuable to a lot of contenders up against the cap or their own internal caps.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Well then you think far less of Bahl than I do. That's all I'll say there.

I don't think it's me. I don't know of anyone who has him in a top 50 prospect rankings. Hockey Writers had him at 96 which isn't bad. When we traded for him, he was seen as Arizona's 3rd - 4th best prospect. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

I'm basically arguing that we're going to get a good *** return for him, if we choose to trade him. It may not be traditional but it's going to be good. His contract, in this scenario and for his production, is going to be valuable to a lot of contenders up against the cap or their own internal caps.

I think a prospect at the level of Madden + 2nd is good. I'm not arguing it won't be "good". I don't think it'll be awesome or anything. 

Put it this way, I Think it'll be less than Coleman's return. Obviously the trades aren't comparable given Coleman's special circumstances, but just to give you an example. I do think he would have gotten that last year at the deadline, but I could be wrong about that. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't think it's me. I don't know of anyone who has him in a top 50 prospect rankings. Hockey Writers had him at 96 which isn't bad. When we traded for him, he was seen as Arizona's 3rd - 4th best prospect. 

Eh, **** hockey writers. They all have Sanderson ranked like ****, Robins ranked like ****, Greig ranked like ****, Marat ranked like ****. They are writers for a reason. Bahl was also ideal for what we needed and that's why I feel like his value to us is higher than projected.

I mean, analysts miss all the damn time. We thought highly enough of Bahl and that's all that matters.

Just now, beekay414 said:

I mean, analysts miss all the damn time. We thought highly enough of Bahl and that's all that matters.

So do teams. Sort of a weird hill to plant the flag on. I'd assume that we think highly enough of all the players we acquire.

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think a prospect at the level of Madden + 2nd is good. I'm not arguing it won't be "good". I don't think it'll be awesome or anything. 

Put it this way, I Think it'll be less than Coleman's return. Obviously the trades aren't comparable given Coleman's special circumstances, but just to give you an example. I do think he would have gotten that last year at the deadline, but I could be wrong about that. 

Guess we'll find out, homie. I just don't agree that Toffoli is on Kyle's level. Toffoli CAN do it but Palms is borderline GUARANTEED to do it. The dude is the model of consistency and his hit, at 50% retained, would be suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper valuable to a title contender. 

Just now, Forge said:

So do teams. Sort of a weird hill to plant the flag on. I'd assume that we think highly enough of all the players we acquire.

I just don't agree with using some random rankings to decide whether the player was a very good return or not. For us, Bahl is ideal. He's exactly what we needed to acquire. Looking under a microscope of ranking lists just doesn't sit well with me.

Just now, Canadian Saint said:

Doesn't Palms not want to play in Canada? I could've sworn around TDD someone in the media mentioned it. I remember looking at him being an option for the Oilers and stopped looking after that came out.

I had heard it somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it since someone else asked, so I just had to say it was my gut. 

Palms (50% retained) to NYI for Nick Leddy's full deal (saves them $3 Million in 2021, $5.5 in 2022), their 2021 1st, their 2020 3rd and either the rights to Devin Toews or Bode Wilde and potentially a flier.

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Palms (50% retained) to NYI for Nick Leddy's full deal (saves them $3 Million in 2021, $5.5 in 2022), their 2021 1st, their 2020 3rd and either the rights to Devin Toews or Bode Wilde and potentially a flier.

I think you have to change it to Boychuk instead of Leddy. Leddy's deal was actually back loaded, so he makes more than his hit is. Like 6.5 and 7. They both have 2 years left (Leddy 5.5, Boychuk 6), but Leddy is owed 13.5 and Boychuk is owed 5.25.