Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, Forge said:

I'm looking at someone like Axel Rindell in the super late rounds. Double overager, but has good size on the right side and had a pretty decent season on Liiga last year. Plus his name is Axel

I mean, if he's a quick climb or someone we can slot immediately in the AHL, I'd give it a shot. We need as many NHL caliber dmen as we can get.

Just now, beekay414 said:

I mean, if he's a quick climb or someone we can slot immediately in the AHL, I'd give it a shot. We need as many NHL caliber dmen as we can get.

I think we are pretty close to full at the AHL level...I suppose we could maybe have one RHD spot available there. Figure the other two are Jacobs and Walsh. But in the mean time, he has a place to play and it's a professional league, so I'm good with that. Believe he's under contract in Liiga for 20-21, so we would have to wait next year (which I think is the case for just about all the euro leagues at this point). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I think we are pretty close to full at the AHL level...I suppose we could maybe have one RHD spot available there. Figure the other two are Jacobs and Walsh. But in the mean time, he has a place to play and it's a professional league, so I'm good with that. Believe he's under contract in Liiga for 20-21, so we would have to wait next year (which I think is the case for just about all the euro leagues at this point). 

This is also likely Jacobs last year with us as I don't see us tendering him in 2021-2022. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

This is also likely Jacobs last year with us as I don't see us tendering him in 2021-2022. 

I was actually slightly surprised we brought him back this year, though I'll admit that I do like having quality AHLers down there in bing even if that is all they ever will be. They serve a purpose. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I was actually slightly surprised we brought him back this year, though I'll admit that I do like having quality AHLers down there in bing even if that is all they ever will be. They serve a purpose. 

They do but Jacobs shouldn't be someone that blocks a prospect. We can always land guys like Mermis too. 

Agents looking for a payday and teams looking to move contracts have identified New Jersey as a potential landing spot. The Devils have plenty of salary cap space and a GM in Tom Fitzgerald willing to deal. But this won’t be a dumping ground for bad contracts. The Devils have an asset in their cap space and are willing to be patient on this front. They also want to win and provide a positive environment for young players Nico Hischier and Jack Hughes. But for contenders looking to move quality players to clear space to make changes, the Devils are a definite option.

From Custance on The Athletic 

I wonder what kind of value the Caps would expect for Michal Kempny with the rumors that they want to keep Dillon. He's signed for 2 more years at a reasonable AAV but he hasn't been the same since his injury. We need NHLers on the left side, and if the cost isn't prohibitive, I'd be interested rather than getting into a bidding war for Dillon should he hit the market.

6 hours ago, Forge said:

I have found the greatest hockey name in history in this draft. 

Gunnarwolfe Fontaine. 

This is not a drill. That is a real name and I have no idea how I am just finding out about this now

lol 20 year old small LW still in the USHL so I'm gonna assume there was a massive reason why you just found out.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

So...trade #7 overall for Sergachev or Smith and #20 for him? Honestly, I think I'd rather just trade #7. I really don't want to lose Ty Smith. I think trading him and an asset for Sergachev defeats the purpose. We need as many good dmen as we can get so it makes no sense trading him.

I would give them #7 and Reilly Walsh, I think.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

I wonder what kind of value the Caps would expect for Michal Kempny with the rumors that they want to keep Dillon. He's signed for 2 more years at a reasonable AAV but he hasn't been the same since his injury. We need NHLers on the left side, and if the cost isn't prohibitive, I'd be interested rather than getting into a bidding war for Dillon should he hit the market.

I'd give him a shot at a low cost. You're right about the injury though. At 2 years and a low cost, I think the risk would be right to take a shot on him