Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Smokescreen

I have no doubt that he's on the list. Whether he's high on that list, I dunno. BUt if they really are going to be about the "highest upside", you simply can't discount him if you're the team. 

I kind of want it to happen just to see everyone go nuts. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

lulz. I am ready. I hope you are @beekay414

How hard do you laugh if this happens @flyers0909 @Canadian Saint

This sounds eerily like how the Oilers circled Broberg before taking him. However to play devil's advocate, if your scouting truly truly believe that Askarov is the best goalie prospect since Carey Price, and the only hold up is you have to wait 2-3 years until he's in the NHL, then you take him. He might be the last 'franchise level' talent left in the top 10. Not saying I agree (especially when it comes to constructing a team), however I can see that thought process.

However I would laugh lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I have no doubt that he's on the list. Whether he's high on that list, I dunno. BUt if they really are going to be about the "highest upside", you simply can't discount him if you're the team. 

I kind of want it to happen just to see everyone go nuts. 

Well, if that's the approach they are taking, they better not play it safe at 18 and 20 after doing that. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Well, if that's the approach they are taking, they better not play it safe at 18 and 20 after doing that. 

I'd be more pissed about taking Guhle at one of those spots than askarov at 7. Okay, that's slight hyperbole, but I do mean slight. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd be more pissed about taking Guhle at one of those spots than askarov at 7. Okay, that's slight hyperbole, but I do mean slight. 

I'm hoping it's just a smokescreen into baiting Ottawa to take Askarov at #5 or for Nashville to trade up for him. But, if we're seriously considering it, we better be on the phone with Minnesota for pick #9 and their 2nd or 3rd so they can take Rossi assuming he's there.