Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

What was it again? Was that the Hanifin-Bennet for Hall-Vatanen one?

Yeah. 

It's not bad given the age of those two, and hanafin is probably a great partner for sevs, but really seems like a weird trade

Shero did right with az though. It didn't work out, but I think shero was thinking that first rounder could be very good, and it almost was

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah. 

It's not bad given the age of those two, and hanafin is probably a great partner for sevs, but really seems like a weird trade

Shero did right with az though. It didn't work out, but I think shero was thinking that first rounder could be very good, and it almost was

Yeah, I think Bahl-Merkley and the picks were a better gamble. Plus you add the pick from Vatanen along with Kuokkanen and you're getting more rolls of the dice, which is something I prefer because you never know with hockey players.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I did not

It's funny. We have 2 of the 3 greatest number 18 picks in history, and two of the top 20 picks ever made, and we have the greatest of each. 

#18, third best is danekyo and the best is sykora (Glen Murray was#2). 

#20, seventh best was zajac, and the greatest ever was broderie brodeur. 

It is a bit sobering though to realize that zajac is the seventh greatest selection ever made at #20. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's funny. We have 2 of the 3 greatest number 18 picks in history, and two of the top 20 picks ever made, and we have the greatest of each. 

#18, third best is danekyo and the best is sykora (Glen Murray was#2). 

#20, seventh best was zajac, and the greatest ever was broderie brodeur. 

It is a bit sobering though to realize that zajac is the seventh greatest selection ever made at #20. 

lol well scouting has come a long way in the internet era. That goes for pretty much every sport.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

lol well scouting has come a long way in the internet era. That goes for pretty much every sport.

I'm still on board with trading up if we can. I'd rather pick higher. Get me on the phone with Florida. #12 + #43 for 18 and 20. #11 and #37 (or #42) from Nashville for 18 and 20

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm still on board with trading up if we can. I'd rather pick higher. Get me on the phone with Florida. #12 + #43 for 18 and 20. #11 and #37 (or #42) from Nashville for 18 and 20

At this point, I've speculated practically everything so I'm open to whatever the hell we do. 7 months is a long god damn time and we were talking about this draft prior to that anyways. Good god.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

At this point, I've speculated practically everything so I'm open to whatever the hell we do. 7 months is a long god damn time and we were talking about this draft prior to that anyways. Good god.

It's kind of nice to finally have an end in sight lol