Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It is lol. I'm worn out. 😑

It did allow me to take get into the draft though. I'm not as deep as sti, but I'll feel comfortable knowing guys well into the third and fourth round, which is nice. 

In a regular year, because I put so much into the nfl draft, I don't get as much time to focus on the hockey draft

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

It did allow me to take get into the draft though. I'm not as deep as sti, but I'll feel comfortable knowing guys well into the third and fourth round, which is nice. 

In a regular year, because I put so much into the nfl draft, I don't get as much time to focus on the hockey draft

I've been digging into this draft since the trade deadline lol. I'm over it. Literally everyone on HF knows my guys at this point. I mean, you know it's bad when I'm bringing up people not even STI thought to look up lol

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

I've been digging into this draft since the trade deadline lol. I'm over it. Literally everyone on HF knows my guys at this point. I mean, you know it's bad when I'm bringing up people not even STI thought to look up lol

I was going to say something when you asked about biondi, because I had previously looked into him when doing mocks lol.

But yeah, I'll pass on him

Just now, Forge said:

I was going to say something when you asked about biondi, because I had previously looked into him when doing mocks lol.

But yeah, I'll pass on him

Biondi? Why? I'm just keeping every avenue open at this point. I want to know the guys we take.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Biondi? Why? I'm just keeping every avenue open at this point. I want to know the guys we take.

He was pretty brutal when put into real competition. Shredded the high school circuit but was out of sorts when playing other draft eligibles 

I think he goes in round three, and I'd rather see him in college. Feel like he's the type that guess all four years and does the hobey baker thing tbh 

Would rather take a chance on someone line Dylan Peterson in the third round from USDP

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

He was pretty brutal when put into real competition. Shredded the high school circuit but was out of sorts when playing other draft eligibles 

I think he goes in round three, and I'd rather see him in college. Feel like he's the type that guess all four years and does the hobey baker thing tbh 

Would rather take a chance on someone line Dylan Peterson in the third round from USDP

Oh god yeah, I'm not taking Biondi that early. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

This dude...its really hard to take anything he says seriously

He basically a RealGM like fan lol. No understanding of how things actually work and just offers off the wall trades/UFA/picks with no real reasoning. I've learned to just ignore him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He basically a RealGM like fan lol. No understanding of how things actually work and just offers off the wall trades/UFA/picks with no real reasoning. I've learned to just ignore him.

The whole sequence is kind of a hoot because I call him out for changing his story (at first it didn't make sense for rebuilding teams, then it was about offer sheets never happening anyway,  then it was worry over bottoming out, then it was not liking the RFA process and having teams poach from us) and he's like, "well arguments aren't linear". I mean, moving goalposts is a logic fallacy for a reason lol. And then someone backed him up like, "welcome to HF boards". Really? 

The next time he advocates for or against something, I'm going to respond with, "yeah, but I don't like how many lobsters are in lakes"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The whole sequence is kind of a hoot because I call him out for changing his story (at first it didn't make sense for rebuilding teams, then it was about offer sheets never happening anyway,  then it was worry over bottoming out, then it was not liking the RFA process and having teams poach from us) and he's like, "well arguments aren't linear". I mean, moving goalposts is a logic fallacy for a reason lol. And then someone backed him up like, "welcome to HF boards". Really? 

The next time he advocates for or against something, I'm going to respond with, "yeah, but I don't like how many lobsters are in lakes"

lol I've learned to just pick and choose my battles with people. I would've quoted him with "Just say you don't want to do it for any reason whatsoever instead of moving goalposts and wasting my time."

• Like 1