Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think you have to change it to Boychuk instead of Leddy. Leddy's deal was actually back loaded, so he makes more than his hit is. Like 6.5 and 7. They both have 2 years left (Leddy 5.5, Boychuk 6), but Leddy is owed 13.5 and Boychuk is owed 5.25. 

Yeah but Boychuck does nothing for us. He's a RHD. I don't know, I'm just throwing **** at the wall.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Yeah but Boychuck does nothing for us. He's a RHD. I don't know, I'm just throwing **** at the wall.

Yeah...that's kind of annoying...It would really help if I knew what the plan was with Smith; right or left. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Truthfully....if I really had to say, I think we are going to trade him. I don't think we are re-signing him. I've been dreading the re-signing, but I have this weird feeling that we are definitely looking to move on. 

Well, when Fitzy got asked about the preliminary talks with Palms, he seemed to be not very enthused but that could be nothing. I hope you're right and I can't wait for the HF meltdown when it happens.

ZOMG WHO IS GOING TO SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Of course

I just don't get that board man. Only one person besides myself has responded, so may not be indicative of the board as a whole, but he seriously said no to that deal lol. I really hope other sane fans present themselves besides us. 

Just now, Forge said:

I just don't get that board man. Only one person besides myself has responded, so may not be indicative of the board as a whole, but he seriously said no to that deal lol. I really hope other sane fans present themselves besides us. 

Like I said, they value Palms crazy over there. That trade makes sense and the Palms extension money then transfers to Johnny who fits our timeline so much better. That and the whole "he's a ghost in the playoffs" stance. Yeah, we shouldn't be worried about the playoffs right now. Get the talent that makes sense and go from there. 

I mean, Gaudreau has played 30 career playoff games and has 19 career points. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Forge said:

How do you feel about debrusk, @Canadian Saint

I think he'd be a great fit with McDavid. He'll never put up superstar numbers but he's a guy who can do the dirty work, play physical and pot 25-30 goals next to McDavid. I'm not sure why Boston would move him unless they are confident of landing Hall. With Klefbom's future in question, I'm not exactly sure what we'd move to get him either. Still I'm a fan. Is that a legit source?

2 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

I think he'd be a great fit with McDavid. He'll never put up superstar numbers but he's a guy who can do the dirty work, play physical and pot 25-30 goals next to McDavid. I'm not sure why Boston would move him unless they are confident of landing Hall. With Klefbom's future in question, I'm not exactly sure what we'd move to get him either. Still I'm a fan. Is that a legit source?

Not sure. Followed by some people, hosts bruins locked on podcast