Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

My fear is that after taking Smith, we are going to bypass Byram even if we are picking three. Very legit fear for me

I dunno. Byram gives us a bonafide #1 with offensive upside. Itd be hard to pass on that for another Nico in Turcotte or a big RW in Cozens or our organizational strength in LW like Podkolzin 

Just now, beekay414 said:

I dunno. Byram gives us a bonafide #1 with offensive upside. Itd be hard to pass on that for another Nico in Turcotte or a big RW in Cozens or our organizational strength in LW like Podkolzin 

No doubt the big board should be Hughes / Kakko / Byram. If we pick to three and go elsewhere, I'll be livid. I don't even care about the order. If we pick two and go Byram over Kakko, won't even care. Just landed one of those three

Just now, beekay414 said:

@Forge

Theres so much forward depth in this draft that I think Castron is smart enough to realize the value Byram brings. I dont think we pass on him. 

I hope not. I think we can find a legit 2c in the second round or late first if we trade up. May not be ready right away, of course, but I think that there are real players there

• Like 1

On 4/7/2019 at 1:10 AM, beekay414 said:

Just saw the Kings won

**** John Hynes. 

We gave shero an extension. I don't hate it provided he has the balls to can Hynes at some point. Shero's obviously made some solid moves from a trade perspective (even if the Marjo trade didn't work out, it was still well worth the risk, and we did get back largely dollar for dollar) and I can't say I hate most of the draft picks. Obviously have had some nice later round selections and the Nico over Patrick thing looks like a win in a decision that wasn't super easy. 

It sounds like Hall's biggest concern with his contract is winning. He has yet to mention money with regards to a possible extension, but has mentioned the team's lack of talent, his playoff experience and age multiple times. Not going to be surprised if shero goes big this off-season in an attempt to convince Hall he should stay. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

It sounds like Hall's biggest concern with his contract is winning. He has yet to mention money with regards to a possible extension, but has mentioned the team's lack of talent, his playoff experience and age multiple times. Not going to be surprised if shero goes big this off-season in an attempt to convince Hall he should stay. 

Or he trades him...

53 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If Colorado wins the lottery or gets the 2nd pick, I'd entertain a Hall to the Aves for their pick and a prospect or two. 

If be curious to see if they would do that. Money could be an issue for them, and I don't think they would give that up for one year of Hall

The who is going to win the lotto per rankings from the athletic

2. Edmonton Oilers – Their unprecedented success in ending up with the No. 1 pick is well-documented. What the 1980s Oilers were to the Stanley Cup, the 2010s Oilers have been to picking first overall. It’s almost as if they came into possession of some sort of magic monkey paw in 2010, a talisman that manipulated the laws of random chance, an unbeatable advantage that guaranteed lottery success before the draw was even held …

1. New Jersey Devils – … that they then traded to the Devils. Congratulations on yet another win, Taylor Hall.

Lol. Edmonton will never live that trade down