ROSEN MAXED OUT? DISCUSS

mistakey

All the upside talk is silly.  Especially with Allen. 

I had a much better arm than our high school QB, but guess what, he was a better QB than me. 

Look at Tom Brady, Joe Montana, and Josh Allen coming out of college.  Rank them in terms of upside.  How much more upside can you get than best ever??   Yet it would rank Allen, Montana, Brady according to many people. 

Upside has about 90% to do with the brain.  The other 10% has to do with physical tools such as "minimums" needed to be good at the position.  Obviously a guy who can only throw 30 yards will never be a good NFL QB.  As long as a guy reaches certain benchmarks with all the skills, the sky is the limit if they have the right brain. 

I am not saying anything about Allen's brain compared to anyone else in this draft, because I have no idea.   I just know that being able to throw the ball further than someone doesn't automatically mean you have more upside.  It just doesn't.  You are wrong if you think it does. 

7 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

The main thing that I busted you fragile little chops over is your demanding of concrete proof a year ago that this would be a good qb class.  There is no concrete proof for a future event.  However here we are, and there are 4 QBs being talked about for the number one overall pick.

Just curious...who doubted that this year's QB crop was not going to be good?

I would like to know to use that as a filter on their judgment.

On 4/18/2018 at 5:01 PM, bruceb said:

Rosen is going to be a good NFL QB.

Darnold is going to be a better one.

Mayfield is going to be best one.

Concur.

On 4/18/2018 at 7:39 PM, DizzyDean said:

Of the top 5, Rosen and Darnold are both maxed out from my evaluation.  Darnold actually regressed last year which is a huge red flag to me (remember last year when I spoke of Kizer regressing through college?  How did that work out for us?).  Jackson has not but I see way too much risk of busy to take a chance on him.  Mayfield has been great, I think he will be an amazing pro.  Allen has the highest ceiling that I have seen on a long time.  Everyone talks about his completion percentage.  I just read an interesting stat.  His college completion percentage was about 5% higher than Favre’s.

All solid points. 5% higher completion percentage would make sense as to why based on pure upside alone that Josh Allen should go a round higher than Favre would, based on pure upside. 

On 4/18/2018 at 9:34 PM, DizzyDean said:

You are so right, Darnold is not Kizer.  Kizer was a project with actual upside, but none the less, a project.   Darnold is not a project, he is a QB with a very mediocre ceiling.  The point remains however, that both regressed in college.  QBs should be ascending in college not regressing.

Aptly stated. The stats don't lie. I'm seeing a clear regression.

On 4/18/2018 at 9:34 PM, DizzyDean said:

How did he work out as a professional?  Do you think if teams had known what his pro career would have been in advanced that he would have still went in round 2?

Good point.  It seems very much parallel to Josh Allen.  His upside could be Favre with a stronger arm. Whoa.

On 4/19/2018 at 4:28 AM, Bernie's Curls said:

I believe your rhetorical questions are self-aggrandizing and designed to make others feel you have "special knowledge" and are an "authority". But you aren't. Because obviously, Josh Allen sucks.

His ways may be unorthodox, but he's pretty much always right about quarterbacks.

On 4/19/2018 at 5:40 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Holy hell man just ignore him like everyone else does. You’re wasting your time.

I read this comment without seeing who it was and I really hoped it was you,  Letsgo.

On 4/19/2018 at 11:31 AM, DizzyDean said:

Just because I traumatized you so badly last year does not make me a troll.  The main thing that I busted you fragile little chops over is your demanding of concrete proof a year ago that this would be a good qb class.  There is no concrete proof for a future event.  However here we are, and there are 4 QBs being talked about for the number one overall pick.  So, how ya like me now?  

Ps

queue up the next “someone quoted me but I can’t see it” post when we all know that you hang on every word and those old wounds just won’t heal.

Epic post.  And yeah, haters gonna hate, you know? The more they hang on to your every word, the more those old wounds just won't heal. 

1 hour ago, Bernie's Curls said:

I cannot tell if @NudeTayne is being facetious or totally legit. Kinda hope I never know.

To understand Tayne is to understand oneself. Keep looking openly and honestly at the difficult questions such as this and one day you'll be almost as wise as I am right now.

15 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

To understand Tayne is to understand oneself. Keep looking openly and honestly at the difficult questions such as this and one day you'll be almost as wise as I am right now.

Tao te tayne

I think losing some key playmakers and offensive linemen might have had a little to do with that regression in Darnold but what do I know. I think with Allen he never put up a decent completion percentage in college (and I think I read high school too but I could not find the article so maybe I misunderstood) so I just don't see the upside as you do imo. Allen played in a way less talented conference as well so imo he should have been able to blow the doors off but was wildly inaccurate. Once again opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one. 4 more days and we will know who is going to be the Browns QB of the future and all this will be irrelevant, thank the Gods. 

1 hour ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I think losing some key playmakers and offensive linemen might have had a little to do with that regression in Darnold but what do I know. I think with Allen he never put up a decent completion percentage in college (and I think I read high school too but I could not find the article so maybe I misunderstood) so I just don't see the upside as you do imo. Allen played in a way less talented conference as well so imo he should have been able to blow the doors off but was wildly inaccurate. Once again opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one. 4 more days and we will know who is going to be the Browns QB of the future and all this will be irrelevant, thank the Gods. 

@LETSGOBROWNIES

12 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

This is the one QB that's never been linked to us. For that, my suspicions are there that maybe he is our target.

Interesting take.

Dorsey ruled him out way before the draft.

Early smokescreen?

13 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

This is the one QB that's never been linked to us. For that, my suspicions are there that maybe he is our target.

Then again, what would be the point of that kind of smokescreen when we are picking #1?

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Then again, what would be the point of that kind of smokescreen when we are picking #1?

true. but maybe the lack of interest we have shown in him has also caused the current talks of him sliding. If the team who hasn't had a franchise QB in 20 years isn't actively pursing him, whats the major concern? Maybe we do swindle someone into trading a ransom to move to 1, and we get the guy we always wanted at 4. 

1 minute ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

true. but maybe the lack of interest we have shown in him has also caused the current talks of him sliding. If the team who hasn't had a franchise QB in 20 years isn't actively pursing him, whats the major concern? Maybe we do swindle someone into trading a ransom to move to 1, and we get the guy we always wanted at 4. 

Possible, but I am not okay with that kind of chicanery if the guy we want is Darnold.

If he is, take him.

If he isn't, we are stupid.

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Possible, but I am not okay with that kind of chicanery if the guy we want is Darnold.

If he is, take him.

If he isn't, we are stupid.

I know Darnold is your guy, but I don't think they are stupid if he isn't theirs. He's got some great skillsets, and he has some concerns too. He's anything but a sure thing. 

Archived