Draft Discussion 4.0

NudeTayne

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i dont get this.  baker mayfields accuracy and anticipation is clearly the best in the class.  he has a well documented mind for the game of football + a work ethic that allowed him to win the starting job at oklahoma way quicker than anyone thought + a great memory + an arm thats good enough to make all the throws.

this seems like everythign we've been looking for minus 1-4 inches of height

I agree about the accuracy but very much disagree with anticipation. Darnold is one of the best I’ve seen since Goff with it. Add to it he’s younger and taller and is coming from an offense that has nfl concepts and you have to go Darnold at one. 

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

I agree about the accuracy but very much disagree with anticipation. Darnold is one of the best I’ve seen since Goff with it. Add to it he’s younger and taller and is coming from an offense that has nfl concepts and you have to go Darnold at one. 

the younger bit isnt very compelling to me.  its not like baker is old, he's 23.  he could very well play for just as long for us.

sure looks like mayfield throws the ball right where it should be a lot of the time.

i dont think you HAVE to go darnold at 1.  i wont be upset if we do.  im just worried about his bad mechanics.  its also gonna kill livin in NYC and seeing a bunch of baker mayfield jerseys when he's a star.

12 minutes ago, mistakey said:

goodell aint lettin them do that

Actually they can sign the #1 pick whenever they want to but I doubt they would this year with them holding the #4 pick. It's just in there best interest to keep everyone guessing with them holding that pick as well. At least that's my take on the situation. 

Just now, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Actually they can sign the #1 pick whenever they want to but I doubt they would this year with them holding the #4 pick. It's just in there best interest to keep everyone guessing with them holding that pick as well. At least that's my take on the situation. 

lol if you think that goodell isnt puttin on the squeeze to keep ratings up, i got some ocean property to sell you in california

wait

8 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Thank you. You took the words right out of my mouth. 

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

the younger bit isnt very compelling to me.  its not like baker is old, he's 23.  he could very well play for just as long for us.

It’s not about longevity, it’s about how far they’ve progressed thus far.  Baker should be a good bit more advanced than Darnold in a lot of areas.

sure looks like mayfield throws the ball right where it should be a lot of the time.

That he does.

i dont think you HAVE to go darnold at 1.  i wont be upset if we do.  im just worried about his bad mechanics.  its also gonna kill livin in NYC and seeing a bunch of baker mayfield jerseys when he's a star.

Darnold’s mechanics don’t bother me.  He’s got a quick release and footwork can be coached.  By Haley. Or Zampese. Not Hue.  Never Hue.

11 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

And probably operates the best in chaos which is an underrated value in the NFL

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

lol if you think that goodell isnt puttin on the squeeze to keep ratings up, i got some ocean property to sell you in california

wait

That's in the CBA and there is not much Goodell can do about it. At least that is how I understand it from what I've read in the past. Maybe I'm wrong, as so many people have pointed out in this forum in the past so it wouldn't be unheard of lol. 

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s not about longevity, it’s about how far they’ve progressed thus far.  Baker should be a good bit more advanced than Darnold in a lot of areas.

That he does.

Darnold’s mechanics don’t bother me.  He’s got a quick release and footwork can be coached.  By Haley. Or Zampese. Not Hue.  Never Hue.

call me shell-kizered

3 minutes ago, mistakey said:

I guess I mean less experienced than younger or a combo of both. He’s displaying great qb instincts at such an early stage in his development. Darnold is basically a natural at his position. 

Oh yeah we don’t have to do anything at one. I’ve heard Barkley at one, trade down from 4 and draft Rudolph at 12. 

I just personally feel he’s the best qb in the draft and would be the best in many of the last million or so drafts. At least in the conversation. 

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That he does.

and baker is.  and if you follow the gladwell logic, he will continue to be as long as he keeps on working hard.  so why would we take the other one?

and baker is.  and if you follow the gladwell logic, he will continue to be as long as he keeps on working hard.  so why would we take the other one?

There will be a limit on Bakers ability to process football as well. Especially if he drinks. Booze is bad for cognition

Archived