A Song of Ice and Fire

THE DUKE

Just now, cddolphin said:

I think Rickon's direwolf being named Shaggydog makes this very unlikely.

Obviously, but maybe GRRM planned all along that his books would be turned into a TV series and he planned all along for Shaggydog and Summer to get mixed up when they were young pups after Rickon named it Shaggydog and the whole time we've been following Bran thinking that he's something major only to find out that he's not actually seeing visions, he's just crazy and Rickon is the Three Eyed Raven all along. 

I know Rickon isn't surviving the books, but I wouldn't mind if he did. 

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Dorne will undoubtedly be more interesting in the book.  I like where it's at now with Arienne going to meet "Aegon" and the Golden Company.  Meanwhile Dany is still half way around the world with her Dragons and they haven't found out yet that Quentyn has been barbequed by Viserion.  That could throw a wrinkle into Doran's master plan, but after hearing the plan, the sand snakes seem to be on board with Doran, so I doubt they assassinate him and seize power.

If Quentyn is really dead, I'm going to be a bit upset to be perfectly honest without some big disclosure and payoff for the Dornish plan. What a massive waste of time that would have been. I'm all for subverting tropes, but when you spend all that time and story developing that, and then it really amounts to a giant waste of time in the grand scheme of things...it's like, dude, stop adding unnecessary crap at this point lol. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Forge said:

If Quentyn is really dead, I'm going to be a bit upset to be perfectly honest without some big disclosure and payoff for the Dornish plan. What a massive waste of time that would have been. I'm all for subverting tropes, but when you spend all that time and story developing that, and then it really amounts to a giant waste of time in the grand scheme of things...it's like, dude, stop adding unnecessary crap at this point lol. 

He needed more characters people will like so he can kill them too. 

So the banker mentioned the gold company and I was trying to remember their situation. Weren't they mostly Westerosi knights who were loyal to the targs in Roberts Rebellion? Is it possible they spring the young Griff and Connington storyline on us?  Is it likely that they just skip that and turn on Cersei for Danerys at the first opportunity?

45 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

So the banker mentioned the gold company and I was trying to remember their situation. Weren't they mostly Westerosi knights who were loyal to the targs in Roberts Rebellion? Is it possible they spring the young Griff and Connington storyline on us?  Is it likely that they just skip that and turn on Cersei for Danerys at the first opportunity?

I think they will just be a normal sellsword company in the show. They probably support young griff in the books as another round of blackfyre rebellion. 

I won't be surprised if the Golden Company isn't anything more than a throwaway line in the show.  There is only 9 episodes left in the series, I think we're beyond introducing new players at this point.  At most they'll be a McGuffin if they need a whole new army to pop up out of nowhere for Cersei for some reason.

1 hour ago, Beck Bristow said:

My guess is that they'll just skip the Aegon aspect, but have them double cross Cersei. It would be cool to get Connington, but I doubt it. Of course, I am still hoping for Strong Belwas, so I'm probably hopeless.

LIVER AND ONIONS!

7709e2cf08014c233e5d8f0ab1fe24a9f5787c33

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

My guess is that they'll just skip the Aegon aspect, but have them double cross Cersei. It would be cool to get Connington, but I doubt it. Of course, I am still hoping for Strong Belwas, so I'm probably hopeless.

Jorah catching grey scale killed any hopes of mine that we'd get Aegon and Connington in the show. 

On 8/9/2017 at 5:56 AM, THE DUKE said:

I won't be surprised if the Golden Company isn't anything more than a throwaway line in the show.  There is only 9 episodes left in the series, I think we're beyond introducing new players at this point.  At most they'll be a McGuffin if they need a whole new army to pop up out of nowhere for Cersei for some reason.

I think we might actually get a "golden company" but they will be extras dressed in gold instead of red. No actual storyline to them besides as paid fighters for cersei.