BD3231's only mock- 5 days out- v1.0

beardown3231

20 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Man, everyone else posts a mock and gets atleast a few responses, if not onto page 2. I do one and I get one comment directly O.o

One of the reasons i stopped posting mine.

Regardless, i'm in agreement with you about Price in the second. It moves CW65 back to guard. Price should be there in the second, especially with his torn pec, which should be ok by camp. My 3 targets are Davenport, Ward, and Smith for the first. 

28 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

One of the reasons i stopped posting mine.

Regardless, i'm in agreement with you about Price in the second. It moves CW65 back to guard. Price should be there in the second, especially with his torn pec, which should be ok by camp. My 3 targets are Davenport, Ward, and Smith for the first. 

Maybe I should post one every week & ensure there are pictures of every draftee and then I’ll get great responses:)

On 4/21/2018 at 12:23 PM, beardown3231 said:

---The options here are really Davenport or Edmunds, IMO. I think Pace has fallen in love with Edmunds, whether it be his age (19), length & athleticism, and/or the potential that Fangio can mold him not only into a great ILB but a threat off of the edge.

---Where there's smoke, there's fire. While I don't believe Howard will be traded yet, I do believe he isn't long for this offense. Wadley isn't a 20-30 carry guy by any stretch, but neither is Cohen, so one injury to Howard and they'll need a somewhat between-the-tackles runner. 

---Why do you "think Pace has fallen in love with Edwards"?

---Where is this "smoke" you speak of? There's also actually no really strong indication that Wadley can't be a 20-30 carry guy...

33 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

---Why do you "think Pace has fallen in love with Edwards"?

Because he fits exactly what he looks for in a player, which is what I wrote in my original write-up. I have no inside knowledge by any means, but because of his dynamic athleticism, youth and EDGE potential, I think Pace will/has fallen in love with those 3 qualities.

---Where is this "smoke" you speak of? There's also actually no really strong indication that Wadley can't be a 20-30 carry guy...

The smoke I was referring to is Howard eventually getting dealt, not the fact that Wadley can't be a 20-30 carry guy.

6 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

The smoke I was referring to is Howard eventually getting dealt, not the fact that Wadley can't be a 20-30 carry guy.

Where is this "smoke"--the indication Howard will be dealt? That's what I was asking. 

14 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Where is this "smoke"--the indication Howard will be dealt? That's what I was asking. 

Are you really playing dumb? There were rumors about him going to Miami for Landry, then when asked about why he removed all Bears items from social media he pretty much said “nothing to it,” and many knowledgable football people have discussed Howard not fitting in this offense, so you know the FO and coaches likely agree. Need more than 3 instances or are we done here?

20 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Are you really playing dumb? There were rumors about him going to Miami for Landry, then when asked about why he removed all Bears items from social media he pretty much said “nothing to it,” and many knowledgable football people have discussed Howard not fitting in this offense, so you know the FO and coaches likely agree. Need more than 3 instances or are we done here?

Rumors of a trade, then quotes from people in articles equal the FO and coaches likely agreeing he's gone. 

Don't worry about providing any other instances, we're done here. 

Fantastic mock draft! I mean ideal first 7 picks are spot on, plus the trade back scenario with Buffalo is what I've been thinking all along.

1. I like Edmunds, just not in the top-10

2. Price would give our O-line the flexibility we want and move Whitehair back to left-guard

3. Key played out of position last season but showed promise as a pass-rusher the season before

The next few picks could change and I'd still be happy.

11 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Rumors of a trade, then quotes from people in articles equal the FO and coaches likely agreeing he's gone. 

Don't worry about providing any other instances, we're done here. 

Aside from Pace or Nagy coming out and saying "yeah, he's not a fit here; we're going to try to trade him" which you know as well as I do that would never happen, what other proof can I have? He's been rumored to be traded TWICE and then when asked about why he was acting strange, he essentially said "no comment." In pro sports, guys rarely come out and threaten to trade players nor do the players come out and ask to be traded for the most part. Again, it seems like too much smoke to me, but yeah, of course I could be wrong.

I needed to take a break because I was just getting sick of this draft (not your mock draft, just the draft overall).

I like your moves, I do think that if Rosen is there at 5 or 6 that Buffalo is going to be very aggressive. I don't think they roll the dice until 8 to move up for him because Miami is lurking.

Kemoko Turay is a name I really like if we don't address EDGE in round 1 (which more and more I don't think we will do). Gun to my head, I think it's going to be one of:

Barkley

Chubb

Nelson

Ward

Edmunds

Fitzpatrick

Roquan Smith

Derwin James

8 minutes ago, G08 said:

I needed to take a break because I was just getting sick of this draft (not your mock draft, just the draft overall).

I like your moves, I do think that if Rosen is there at 5 or 6 that Buffalo is going to be very aggressive. I don't think they roll the dice until 8 to move up for him because Miami is lurking.

Kemoko Turay is a name I really like if we don't address EDGE in round 1 (which more and more I don't think we will do). Gun to my head, I think it's going to be one of:

Barkley

Chubb

Nelson

Ward

Edmunds

Fitzpatrick

Roquan Smith

Derwin James

I agree with you. It seems too obvious to go EDGE. Maybe this thought will make a team like Green Bay move up to 6 or 7 to get their guy. I do love Turay. Watching Rutgers was tough on the corneas, but he was unbelievable. A never ending motor + brute strength. Turay in round 2 and then Aruna in round 4 would be fine by me.

I got a text from a friend today asking what 8 guys are on the Bears board. I actually don't think they have 8. Typically teams picking 8-10 only have 5-6. I think the Bears, picking 3 last year, had 4 if I recall Pace's pre-draft press conference. If I had to guess on this year's, I'll say: Edmunds, Barkley, Ward, Smith, James, and Nelson (I don't have Chubb on here because the odds that he's there at 8 are zero).

Archived