Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

The Packers’ special teams struggled throughout last season, culminating in a playoff loss to the 49ers in which San Francisco’s only touchdown came off a blocked punt. After the season, the Packers fired special teams coordinator Maurice Drayton and replaced him with Rich Bisaccia, one of the NFL’s most respected special teams coaches.

It hasn’t worked.

Green Bay’s special teams are just as bad this year as they were last year. The advanced stats at FootballOutsiders.com, which rate every special teams play relative to a league-average play in the same situation, ranks the Packers 31st in the NFL in special teams. Football Outsiders ranks the Packers as below average in all five every elements of special teams: Field goals/extra points, kickoffs, punts, kickoff returns and punt returns.

The NFL’s Next Gen Stats, which have five years of data on how often punters are pressured, found that Packers punter Pat O'Donnell has been pressured on 23.5 percent of his punts this season, the highest rate ever recorded. O’Donnell also ranks dead last in hang time, with an average of 4.11 seconds this season.

Packers kicker Mason Crosby has yet to make a field goal of 50 yards or longer this season, and overall he has made only 80 percent of his kicks, below the league average of 84.8 percent. Only 30 percent of Crosby’s kickoffs have gone for touchbacks, ranking him dead last in the NFL.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/03/rich-bisaccia-hasnt-improved-the-packers-special-teams/

There is no light at the end of Green Bay's tunnel. The Packers offense is broken to the degree that it could not reach double-digit points against the league's worst statistical defense.

The Packers ran 32 plays for 206 yards on their three first-half drives (plus a kneel-down) and inexplicably came away without a point to show for it. Rodgers threw two picks in the red zone, including a head scratcher on fourth down meant for left tackle David Bakhtiari. His third turnover came right outside the red zone on a throw that was plucked at the edge of the goal line by defensive back Kerby Joseph. Rodgers threw for his most yards on the season (291), and the Green Bay offense occasionally made splash plays, but showing signs of life in a loss is not near enough to save this team's season.

Sitting at 3-6 after their second-worst scoring output of 2022, the Packers' next three games are against the Cowboys, Titans and Eagles, all of which have top-10 scoring defenses. The only light at the end of the tunnel is just the freight train coming.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-season-week-9-what-we-learned-from-sunday-s-games

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

There is no light at the end of Green Bay's tunnel. The Packers offense is broken to the degree that it could not reach double-digit points against the league's worst statistical defense.

The Packers ran 32 plays for 206 yards on their three first-half drives (plus a kneel-down) and inexplicably came away without a point to show for it. Rodgers threw two picks in the red zone, including a head scratcher on fourth down meant for left tackle David Bakhtiari. His third turnover came right outside the red zone on a throw that was plucked at the edge of the goal line by defensive back Kerby Joseph. Rodgers threw for his most yards on the season (291), and the Green Bay offense occasionally made splash plays, but showing signs of life in a loss is not near enough to save this team's season.

Sitting at 3-6 after their second-worst scoring output of 2022, the Packers' next three games are against the Cowboys, Titans and Eagles, all of which have top-10 scoring defenses. The only light at the end of the tunnel is just the freight train coming.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-season-week-9-what-we-learned-from-sunday-s-games

shame-jerry-seinfeld.gif

• Like 6

Peter King: "In a game the Raiders had to have to save their disappointing season, and a game they blew, don’t blame Davante Adams. He caught a week-nine league-high 10 balls for a league-high 146 yards and two touchdowns. Seven of the catches for 126 yards and two touchdowns came in the first 20 minutes."

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Peter King: "In a game the Raiders had to have to save their disappointing season, and a game they blew, don’t blame Davante Adams. He caught a week-nine league-high 10 balls for a league-high 146 yards and two touchdowns. Seven of the catches for 126 yards and two touchdowns came in the first 20 minutes."

The Raiders didn't have a season to save at least 2 weeks ago.  Even if they had won, they were never going to be a factor in the AFC starting out 1-4.  

Aaron Rodgers: "Frustration and miserability are two different emotions. So, when I decided to come back, it was all-in, and I don’t make decisions and then hindsight 20-20 have regrets about big decisions like that. So, I was all-in, and this is a lot of life lessons, for sure, this year. But luckily it’s not over. There’s still a lot of games left."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/07/jets-bears-justin-fields-peter-king-fmia-week-9/

whatever, dude.

6 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Aaron Rodgers: "Frustration and miserability are two different emotions. So, when I decided to come back, it was all-in, and I don’t make decisions and then hindsight 20-20 have regrets about big decisions like that. So, I was all-in, and this is a lot of life lessons, for sure, this year. But luckily it’s not over. There’s still a lot of games left."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/07/jets-bears-justin-fields-peter-king-fmia-week-9/

whatever, dude.

Sounds like someone is trying to convince themselves.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

whatever, dude.

Um...."Miserability" isn't in my dictionary.  Granted, it was published in 1979.