Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

6 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I honestly just want Rodgers to come here 1 year. Beat the Packers twice, and retire.
I wouldn't even care if we were 8-8 coming of a Superbowl win the next year and he just walks out and retires right after the game.

I want nothing to do with Rodgers ever coming here.  I find it very hard to actually hate people, but he makes it extremely difficult not to absolutely despise him.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

I honestly just want Rodgers to come here 1 year. Beat the Packers twice, and retire.
I wouldn't even care if we were 8-8 coming of a Superbowl win the next year and he just walks out and retires right after the game.

No thanks.  I actually hope the NY media eats him alive!!

Edited by Captain Relax
  • Like 2

They can want one sure. I’m sure the Vikings want a 1st for Cook, too. But I just don’t see why they’d get one. 

His age, his contract, and the fact that the Packers have all but said they are ready to move on has pretty much lost them any leverage. 

Not to mention, only the Jets seem to be interested. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

They can want one sure. I’m sure the Vikings want a 1st for Cook, too. But I just don’t see why they’d get one. 

His age, his contract, and the fact that the Packers have all but said they are ready to move on has pretty much lost them any leverage. 

his suspect motivation too.

and you know what? his aged body isn't holding up the way it used to.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

This is the biggest part. No one else wants him. However, it's also being reported that the Jets and Packers have already agreed to compensation...so who knows?

The Packers have freed up some salary cap space by restructuring the contract of left tackle David Bakhtiari.

Green Bay converted a $9.5 million roster bonus and $5.5 million of base salary into a signing bonus, according to Jeremy Fowler of ESPN. That should save about $7.5 million of cap space and move that cap hit to 2024 instead. The 2024 season is Bakhtiari’s last on his current contract.

When healthy, Bakhtiari is one of the best offensive linemen in the NFL, although he has struggled to stay healthy. He missed the last four games of the 2020 season, missed 16 games in 2021 and missed six games in 2022.

The Packers have made several moves to free up cap space this offseason and are now about $24 million under the salary cap.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/10/packers-create-salary-cap-space-by-restructuring-david-bakhtiaris-contract/