Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

3 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

That's pretty dumb, regardless of who is deemed "home" and "away". Poor logistics on the Packers travel staff or the NFL, whoever was responsible for booking lodging.

At least they don't have to commute from Appleton...

46 minutes ago, swede700 said:

At least they don't have to commute from Appleton...

I will be in Appleton the middle of next month to visit with my 73 year old sister who's had numerous health  challenges over the last 4 years or so.  I will be driving from Virginia with the wife. Taking our time.  Seeing the sites going out and coming back.  The last stop I'll make before taking the last day traveling home will be in Canton, OH to visit the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, GermanVike said:

Man, Jaire Alexander had a brutal game against the Eagles despite his interception. I counted at least three missed tackles and a bunch of receptions on him.

Jaire wasn't good, but both teams had poor footing on that field.  That field was hot garbage.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Jaire wasn't good, but both teams had poor footing on that field.  That field was hot garbage.

The field wasn't the reason Jeffersons son had a bad game....

The Eagles had to play on it too you know

• Like 1

Matt LaFleur: “There’s a lot to clean up. It was definitely a sloppy game from us. I think there was some uncharacteristic things that we did as a staff, quite frankly, and that trickled down to our players, so we’ve got to look at ourselves hard in the mirror and find ways to get better, because tonight, obviously, wasn’t good enough.”.

“It starts with me, and goes down to our staff, and then to our players.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/matt-lafleur-puts-packers-mistakes-on-things-that-we-did-as-a-staff-quite-frankly

for those who feel the video is too long and don't want to watch it (you should though) here's the, pardon the pun, breakdown:

I saw a video online of a doctor going over the video of Jordan Love.  He thought because of the knee pop their was a high probability of a grade 3 MCL tear (complete) and a high likelihood of damage to a ligament related to a high ankle sprain that may require surgery.  He thought that because of the type of pop he saw on video he gave a lower probability to an ACL tear.  Either way, if the MCL is completely torn your looking at a minimum 6 weeks and probably 8 weeks.

Edited by vike daddy

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero

Initial tests indicated Jordan Love’s ACL is intact. But there’s a wide range of outcomes based on additional scans, which will occur when the team gets back to Green Bay later today.

from what i've been reading, the ACL was the least likely ligament to be damaged.