College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

I'd love this Hayden Hurst guy. He is far more impressive than any WR I have seen all year. I am just saying that it is not going to happen for more reasons than it would be back to back years with a TE in the 1st. After watching him the biggest reason it is never going to happen is because the kid is probably destined to be a Top 10 pick.

Reminds me of Shockey. If Gordon or Coleman are on board we should have the speed to back defenses off. If they aren't playing however you can crunch down on the offense like we've seen. That being said, when Njoku gets better at blocking and Hurst probably being a better blocker than Devalve its going to be a more effective offense in general.

1 hour ago, Dogbite said:

I'd love this Hayden Hurst guy. He is far more impressive than any WR I have seen all year. I am just saying that it is not going to happen for more reasons than it would be back to back years with a TE in the 1st. After watching him the biggest reason it is never going to happen is because the kid is probably destined to be a Top 10 pick.

He can be had in round 3 unless he blows up his Combine performance or Pro Day.

Guys, forget Kirk Cousins, he will never be a Brown. Snyder, the owner of Washington is almost 100% likely to sign him and if by chance he actually got on the FA market, Cleveland is the last franchise he would pick. We'd have to pay him double his current salary before he would ever come here, that would be half the team's budget, so realistically, he is absolutely never going to be a Brown.

I also would not put a huge bet on either Gordon remaining a solid citizen or Joe Thomas actually coming back. Retirement is likely in the works for him.

As for Mel Kiper Jr. or any other decent draft site, when Mayock speaks, their lists suddenly take a major shift in their rankings. The trouble with Kiper's site is rather simple. His preliminary list is solid, the following week's updates are garbage and his final predictions are very valuable. Why are his weekly updates garbage, it's simple, he needs to keep his paying customers guessing, so they will continue to watch his site, so he has to make changes every week whether they are true or not, just to keep his money flowing in. These weekly changes have zero to do with his real overall rankings, which he does not expose till just before the draft. Any paid site pretty well follows Kiper's formula and even the unpaid ones, wants people to check their site often, so they play this little game as well.

At this point in the draft process, only a Bowl performance, the Senior Bowl, the Combine or a Pro day can effect a prospects rankings and junior prospects are far more effected, because they were so raw entering the season, that you can see far more dramatic improvement than you will see from Seniors, in the draft process.   Current lists will not change a whole lot from this point on, till the Bowl season gets underway.

Here's a current listing just put out by a very decent draft site. The GBN ranks top 5 practically every year in predicting the top 100 of the draft and if you do not want to look foolish, it would be wise to consult it before predicting our draft. Of course, when mayock speaks, this ranking will undergo massive changes. Mayock simply put, just has too many contacts within the real scouting community and with NFL GM's, not to be the list to follow. He isn't perfect, because he has his own biases about certain positions, but he comes pretty close.

Here is GBN's top 100:

http://gbnreport.com/gbn-top-100/

21 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

Guys, forget Kirk Cousins, he will never be a Brown. Snyder, the owner of Washington is almost 100% likely to sign him and if by chance he actually got on the FA market, Cleveland is the last franchise he would pick. We'd have to pay him double his current salary before he would ever come here, that would be half the team's budget, so realistically, he is absolutely never going to be a Brown.

I also would not put a huge bet on either Gordon remaining a solid citizen or Joe Thomas actually coming back. Retirement is likely in the works for him.

get-off-my-lawn-gif-8.gif

Actual current picture for this guy. It's ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Iamcanadian said:

He can be had in round 3 unless he blows up his Combine performance or Pro Day.

I am going to say not a chance that ever happens. I'm not scout and I've only watched highlights but Hurst looks far more athletic and fluid than Howard or Njoku ever did. He'll never get out of the Top 32 picks. I don't even know where they will pick yet but Pittsburgh would be his absolute floor.

I wouldn't expect a Canadian to know too much about football. I mean every team breaks the huddle with 12 players and the officiating is even worse because they never call it. They can't even figure out the proper dimensions of a football field up there let alone where a player should be drafted ;)

11 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Mel Kiper Jr. Jr. is at it again in the NFL draft forum.  He's like a bad penny. @MWil23 @LETSGOBROWNIES(I know there are others that are fans of his material, I just forget who)

Not sure why my hobby triggers you to the point where you feel the need to do things like this. If you don't like me just do everyone a favor and block me. I don't like checking my notifications to see a gang of people making fun of me and I don't understand what it accomplishes.

2 minutes ago, CalhounLambeau said:

Not sure why my hobby triggers you to the point where you feel the need to do things like this. If you don't like me just do everyone a favor and block me. I don't like checking my notifications to see a gang of people making fun of me and I don't understand what it accomplishes.

I can't speak for anyone else in here, but I've a feeling it's more to do with your condescending nature and posting style towards others than your quirky content. At first, I thought it was just a little bit of parody and you were having a laugh. But between calling others dumb and diminishing any opinion someone may have, it seems the rudeness is genuine.

7 hours ago, MWil23 said:

All I know is I really hope he doesn’t sit there on his couch in his man cave neglecting whatever family in real life that he has to compile a list just to post on here and Twitter.

Thank you for your concern. I only work four days a week so I have plenty of time to work on my hobby without neglecting anyone.

43 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

@CalhounLambeau You literally told this entire forum that all the intelligent posters were on Twitter now anyways. Now, go ahead and stick to your word and leave us idiots alone. Or at least the idiots in the Browns forum. Thanks.

I never said all the intelligent posters left. Don't lie about what I said.

If you don't want me to post here don't gossip about me.

Archived