Barkley or Chubb at #4?

BleedTheClock

Who do you prefer at #4?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who would u pick between these two?

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

I don’t know about buffalo. You’re basically guessing McCarron will be worse than Taylor. Taylor is just ok and he took them to the playoffs. 

My guess is he’ll be worse but it’s not guaranteed. We got really lucky with Houston being crap. 

I think you’re also perhaps betting on the idea that they simply overachieved.

That roster isn’t great.

2 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I don’t know about buffalo. You’re basically guessing McCarron will be worse than Taylor. Taylor is just ok and he took them to the playoffs. 

My guess is he’ll be worse but it’s not guaranteed. We got really lucky with Houston being crap. 

Their o line also got dismantled though I think. Glenn, Incognito and Wood all gone.

I thought Houston would struggle last year but not in the way that it ended up happening. I thought Watson/any rookie would struggle but it actually ended up working out for us that the rookie got injured!

5 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Their o line also got dismantled though I think. Glenn, Incognito and Wood all gone.

I thought Houston would struggle last year but not in the way that it ended up happening. I thought Watson/any rookie would struggle but it actually ended up working out for us that the rookie got injured!

Yeah I forgot about those line losses, did they not replace them with anybody?

1 hour ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

Yeah, no one really likde Bosa here or oline coming out. Everyone though he was the booby-prize of the top 10. Its pure revisionist history to say that Bosa was an obvious game wrecker coming out (hell Spanos tried to build in stupid contract limitations because of his lack of faith).  I honestly think Chubb is the best player in this class so I voted for him.

Maybe it's the Buckeye bias. I always thought Joey was going to be a monster in the NFL...At least I hoped he would after I got to party with him at my frat house my sophomore year. He was awesome.

10 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Fair enough. They’re still the best trade partner as they have the best assets. 

Yeah the pick next year could be very high.  Or not.  Either way, that’s ok.

I’m not sure how anyone passes on a combo of a 12th, 22nd and future first for a pick that is going to be a non-QB.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah the pick next year could be very high.  Or not.  Either way, that’s ok.

I’m not sure how anyone passes on a combo of a 12th, 22nd and future first for a pick that is going to be a non-QB.

I love the odds of that pick landing in the top ten next year. Between a diminished O-line, an inability to address that O-line with a first round pick in an already weak OL class, a season hinging on a quarterback room consisting of AJ McCarron, Nathan Peterman, and a rookie, an offense with Kelvin Benjamin as the number one receiver, a declining Shady McCoy, and an okay defense, I don't see a team with a great record.

I go with Bradley Chubb and it's not really a difficult decision. Edge rusher is so much more important than running back and the comparative skill between Barkley and Chubb to me make it a no brainer. I can respect the people who say Barkley because he is certainly an offensive weapon more that just a typical running back, but for me edge rusher easily wins out. I think Bradley Chubb will be one of the premier pass rushers in the NFL if we pair him with Garrett and Ogbah. I think our defensive line would be similar to the NYG's line when they did the NASCAR package with Strahan, Tuck, and Umenyiora. Chubb is a physical presence on the edge that would pose real difficulty for NFL Right Tackles. He had an incredibly productive college career in not only pass rushing but run stopping. His hand use is well developed, which I think is one of the key indicators of translating college success to the NFL. I think he will be a star on the opposite side of Garrett.

56 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I love the odds of that pick landing in the top ten next year. Between a diminished O-line, an inability to address that O-line with a first round pick in an already weak OL class, a season hinging on a quarterback room consisting of AJ McCarron, Nathan Peterman, and a rookie, an offense with Kelvin Benjamin as the number one receiver, a declining Shady McCoy, and an okay defense, I don't see a team with a great record.

#1 overall imo

Archived