MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

1 hour ago, Blazer026 said:

Who do you guys think should get the next shot at middleweight? Not sure how long Whittaker is out for.

Almost has to be Gastelum right? 

Him or Weidman. Neither are ideal fights though. Gastelum lost to Weidman who lost 3 in a row before that while Gastelum looked okay vs Jacare and KO'd an over the hill Bisping but hasn't beat any of the Top-3

10 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Him or Weidman. Neither are ideal fights though. Gastelum lost to Weidman who lost 3 in a row before that while Gastelum looked okay vs Jacare and KO'd an over the hill Bisping but hasn't beat any of the Top-3

Maybe have them rematch if Whittaker is out for awhile? Feel like neither is that deserving, but no one really is. 

1 hour ago, Blazer026 said:

Maybe have them rematch if Whittaker is out for awhile? Feel like neither is that deserving, but no one really is. 

If Romero would just freaking make weight he’d be in line for an interim belt if one was to be had. I think a rematch with Chris/Kelvin would be good

5 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

Who do you guys think should get the next shot at middleweight? Not sure how long Whittaker is out for.

Almost has to be Gastelum right? 

if whittaker's out for over like 8 months, i bet we get weidman v. kelvin 2 for the interim 

Edited by jfinley88

4 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Gegard Mousasi would look real good in the UFC rankings right now. Shame they let him get away. I'd love Mousasi-Whittaker.

maybe paulo costa finishes uriah hall in crazy fashion and they hype him up into that title area since there's not a lot of excitement at the top of the division there right now. that's what i'd be hoping for. 

6 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

maybe paulo costa finishes uriah hall in crazy fashion and they hype him up into that title area since there's not a lot of excitement at the top of the division there right now. that's what i'd be hoping for. 

Cant imagine he even sniffs a chance even if he does to Uriah what Uriah did on TUF. Paulo's best win was vs Pig Rig so far

Shame Mousasi is gone

On 6/13/2018 at 12:29 PM, Buckrock101 said:

Sounds like he may have some more fights in LFA first. they indicated there might be some kind of development thing going on for him. think he's under contract from the UFC, but they'll let him fight lesser competition first to get some experience.

would be tough to see him fight anyone UFC level right now, we can't forget that was his first pro fight.

i kinda got the vibe they're gonna feed him lower level prospects on fight pass prelims for a little. 

that other fellow that got the contract menifield is one of the most promising things at 205 right now. not saying much. but still he looks real fun.

two pretty legit prospects came outta that episode. 

8 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

i kinda got the vibe they're gonna feed him lower level prospects on fight pass prelims for a little. 

that other fellow that got the contract menifield is one of the most promising things at 205 right now. not saying much. but still he looks real fun.

Yea menifield's win was kinda janky, the other guy just made a godawful decision to open with a naked kick, but regardless it looks like he's got a ton of potential. 7-0, looks like something out of a marvel movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut1q9vBcbiM

Guy's got some highlight power

6 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

So heres the thing, why wouldnt they do to Hardy what they did to Punk? Give him someone that is meh to fight but it is on the PPV because it would sell well with people wanting to see him get KO'd

6 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Yea menifield's win was kinda janky, the other guy just made a godawful decision to open with a naked kick, but regardless it looks like he's got a ton of potential. 7-0, looks like something out of a marvel movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut1q9vBcbiM

Guy's got some highlight power

Its hard to tell much from a 9 second fight. The punch he landed i didnt think hit so flush. I assumed he was off balance because he threw a kick right out of the gate 

10 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So heres the thing, why wouldnt they do to Hardy what they did to Punk? Give him someone that is meh to fight but it is on the PPV because it would sell well with people wanting to see him get KO'd

I'm pretty sure Hardy is no where near the pull that CMP is.

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I'm pretty sure Hardy is no where near the pull that CMP is.

this.. but also i bet they would be mentioning it all over sportscenter and ****. almost every sports fans know him and hates him. he pulls quite a bit i bet. 

but i think they recognize he's pretty legit and will build him properly. but then again they throw any that's got a little hype on the PPV main card these days. and also but then again they're trying to murder yair rodriguez so what do i know