MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

5 hours ago, eagles101 said:

I loked khabib in this last presser. Didnt wait for connors bullcrap. Answered the questions calm and collectively and made good points. Connors mental game seems to being falling short. 

Would like to see a panel of the ppv though. The rest of the fights are great and are really getting over shadowed. 

Lots of interesting questions after the fights. Like what happens to the lhw and he divisions. Both are pretty well held up with dc, lesnar, jones. Doesnt make much sense for lewis/volkov to fight again till they get a championship fight but they also might be waiting awhile for it. Reyes/preux also seem to really only have a fight with gus but gus might be waiting for his shot. Tony/pettis obviously get a shot after this but who knows what connor/khabib has planned. Waterson/felice hearing start into contender category. If one dominates i would like to see them vs andrade/suarez. 

But of course you never know. With all this pressure on all the fighters we might have a boring tenative fights. You just never know.

If Pettis wins, I think the winner of Dustin/Diaz gets Conor/Khabib

5 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Come on. There is 100% a big mental game being played by Conor, for all of his fights. and it worked for pretty much every fight so far, except for the Diaz fights, because Nate has the same thing as Fry in Futurama where he's immune to mind control.

The fight's already sold. He sold it in April, and to be honest it would be sold even without that, just because of Conor's name. his press conference game is to try and get Khabib riled up. It remains to be seen whether it will have an impact.

Buckrock you dawg lol

You're not wrong but damn thats a reference!

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

If Pettis wins, I think the winner of Dustin/Diaz gets Conor/Khabib

I would like pettis over nate.

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Is this REALLY the biggest fight in UFC history? If anything I'd say the Aldo fight was bigger than this one

Top 100 easy

Now the weighins are done and everything, I'm getting chills. In absolutely can't wait for this fight, especially since I (and everyone else) literally have no idea how it's going to go down. 

I truly hope it doesn't end up like Khabib-Barboza or Conor-Aldo. I wanna see two warriors go toe to toe.

how hype were the staredowns? Wow

Lewis and Volkov going at it. All the UFC guys had that "holy shhh we gotta hold back Derrick Lewis" moment. Volkov was game as hell tho.

Tony doing some shaolin monk pose while listening to music. Classic Tony.

Khabib vs Conor staredown as good as expected. Dana  was like:

• Like 1

Don’t get me wrong, we could very well see Khabib grind Conor out, however,

Those of you acting like Khabib will not a feel a little different this fight are buying too much into his character. He’s mortal. This is the biggest UFC Fight of all time, he’s part of it, and he has to strategically take down probably the best striker in the UFC. His heart is gonna be racing. 

Conor has been through so many bright lights and big fights, it’s just gonna be another day for him. Gonna be interesting. 

Edited by BayRaider

34 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Don’t get me wrong, we could very well see Khabib grind Conor out, however,

Those of you acting like Khabib will not a feel a little different this fight are buying too much into his character. He’s mortal. This is the biggest UFC Fight of all time, he’s part of it, and he has to strategically take down probably the best striker in the UFC. His heart is gonna be racing. 

Conor has been through so many bright lights and big fights, it’s just gonna be another day for him. Gonna be interesting. 

No doubt, how Khabib reacts is the big unknown. Generally I think he's quite strong mentally, and I wouldn't expect someone to be able to rattle him, but I've been wrong before.

At the weighins, I thought Aldo was in good shape mentally when he pulled the karate stance, kinda joking around. But then we saw he wasn't ready in the cage.

It does worry me a bit for Khabib how he talks about "I want to change his face" and all that. I'm worried he's getting to emotionally invested in this fight, which is exactly what Conor wants. But it's impossible to tell for sure how he'll react.

4 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Conor even threw the Rin Nakai frontkick

https://zippy.gfycat.com/CostlyBountifulHornedtoad.webm

lmao. really wanted rin nakai to be good just cause she's such a unique character. jokes on u if miesha shot in there and nakai punted her skull super hard tho 

Edited by FinneasGage