MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

Just now, Pats#1 said:

I wanna like this post but I guess there's a cap on likes.....for shame

I think tomorrow cooler heads will prevail.

Should Conor have spoken how he did? Should he have thrown a punch at Khabib's teammate? No! But that doesn't mean rules should change..

Should Khabib have leapt out of the cage and tried to stomp that guy 10 feet into the ground? No! But that doesn't mean he should be stripped and/or banned..

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

No, you want a world where people feel entitled to use racial slurs, ethnic slurs, and insult others religions. I am glad that the society I live in doesn't stand for that. 

9_9

You're mis-characterizing my argument to make me seem evil. I think people should feel "entitled" to do that? RIiiight. Just because I don't want the UFC to make broad, sweeping rule changes regarding trash talk?

Keep digging that hole my dude. Everyone reading your posts can make up their own mind about who between us is being more ridiculous.

• Like 1

So Khabib vs Tony is an obvious match to make and getting back to reality here, it's another dream fight. Khabib was a terrible matchup for Conor. Tony not so much. Tony fights better off his back more than any other fighter, solid ground game overall, and harder to take down than McGregor. I'd put the odds at this fight dead even but I would pick Ferguson honestly.

What's next for Conor? Personally I feel he should fight the winner of Diaz/Poirier and then maybe go back to FW and fight Max Holloway for the FW Title. McGregor vs Holloway would be a much better stylistic fight than Conor vs Khabib. Conor is very good at LW, but dude was practically unstoppable at 145.

Just give me a card of DC vs Jones at HW, Khabib vs Tony at LW, Woodley vs GSP at WW, and Max vs Conor at FW. I'll be good for the year after that one card.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

So Khabib vs Tony is an obvious match to make and getting back to reality here, it's another dream fight. Khabib was a terrible matchup for Conor. Tony not so much. Tony fights better off his back more than any other fighter, solid ground game overall, and harder to take down than McGregor. I'd put the odds at this fight dead even but I would pick Ferguson honestly.

I agree, Khabib vs Tony is a closer fight. Would be a great match.

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Two wrongs don't make a right. This is elementary type stuff. But this argument has been repeated for a dozen pages now.

I never said two wrongs make a right, but if you come at me sideways (ie, throw a dolly at a bus with innocent people in there that have nothing to do with you,) then I’m throwing hands, simple as that. I don’t give a f* about your moral math.

1 minute ago, malak1 said:

I never said two wrongs make a right, but if you come at me sideways (ie, throw a dolly at a bus with innocent people in there that have nothing to do with you,) then I’m throwing hands, simple as that. I don’t give a f* about your moral math.

Doesn't explain why he decided to throw hands (and feet) at a guy that didn't 'come at him sideways'.