MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

5 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

Usman's striking defense is kinda suspect. no head movement at all. but I'm not sure there's anyone outside of Woodley (and GSP I guess) at 170 who can exploit that without getting taken down and grinded out

I think wonder boy lights him up

so Usman - Wonderboy is the fight to make right now, for me. though if Woodley and Colby fight at 233, I couldn't argue with Usman getting the winner of that one.

we're still yet to see someone who can survive Usman's grappling. guy has earned a chance to prove it against the best now

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

It's always nice to watch Bryan Caraway get his **** pushed in.

That fight was really odd (from Caraway at least). He just went balls to the wall zero defense from the word go. The commentators kept saying that he was in a good place and had put the **** in his life behind him, but I don't buy it. He looked like a guy in a dark place who wanted to go out and get the **** beaten out of him.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

so Usman - Wonderboy is the fight to make right now, for me. though if Woodley and Colby fight at 233, I couldn't argue with Usman getting the winner of that one.

we're still yet to see someone who can survive Usman's grappling. guy has earned a chance to prove it against the best now

Only time wonderboy was on the ground with Woodley was when he got clipped. Usman is no where near as explosive or have the movement to do the same. Like i said i think wonderboy lights him up because unlike RDA he knows how to move laterally. 

Wonderboy vs Usman would be a fun one. Usman just hasn't ever been tested by anyone. The best MMA guys always seem to have 1 of if not both of these characteristics: 

1. Can you take your opponent down?

2. Can you stop yourself from being taken down.

I can't think of anyone that is one of the greats that doesn't have one of these components. I know its called MMA but without some sort of wrestling background or at least strong TDD you won't go far.