MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Still hasn't had a sub since 2013 and that was Brian Houston...WHO?

He comes from a wrestling background though and the entire first round he was shooting for his life. In all 4 of Israel's UFC bouts, he has fought guys with wrestling bases that weren't interested in mixing it up on the feet. 

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Those were terrible shots though. 

The fact remains that Israel hasn't fought a striker that was comfortable engaging with him on the feet. Every one of his UFC fights has consisted of guys constantly trying to tie him up and take him down. I think this is the type of contest where his skillset will really shine through because Silva isn't going to be afraid to trade with him.

sounds like Moraes vs Assuncao rematch is on, for the ME of UFC Brazil in February. might even be for the interim bantamweight title.

Really happy this fight is being made, and that it's 5 rounds. I think it's an important rematch - Moraes arguably has the better case for a title shot right now, but Assuncao has that win over him, which makes it tough. This should offer resolution there and give us a proper #1 contender. Only thing that complicates things is if Cejudo beats Dillashaw at 125. Then you'd kinda have to give Cejudo the shot at the 135 belt after 125 closes.

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The fact remains that Israel hasn't fought a striker that was comfortable engaging with him on the feet. Every one of his UFC fights has consisted of guys constantly trying to tie him up and take him down. I think this is the type of contest where his skillset will really shine through because Silva isn't going to be afraid to trade with him.

I think this is the 1st time that anderson will lose the striking  battle in the UFC. That is saying something if it does happen, even if its not prime spider

18 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm definitely excited to see the standup fight with them but i think its silly if this is a #1 contender bout. Silva doesn't deserve a shot at all

9 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

sounds like Moraes vs Assuncao rematch is on, for the ME of UFC Brazil in February. might even be for the interim bantamweight title.

Really happy this fight is being made, and that it's 5 rounds. I think it's an important rematch - Moraes arguably has the better case for a title shot right now, but Assuncao has that win over him, which makes it tough. This should offer resolution there and give us a proper #1 contender. Only thing that complicates things is if Cejudo beats Dillashaw at 125. Then you'd kinda have to give Cejudo the shot at the 135 belt after 125 closes.

Yea this is an easy fight to make. Both have 1 loss in the last 7 years, that's just unreal. RA's only loss in that time is to TJ and MM's is RA. 

Do we think Cejudo beats TJ? Not to disrespect the man that beat someone we thought was unbeatable in Mighty Mouse but I just think TJ is a much better striker and his wrestling is still very good. 

22 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Why not just make everything interm belt. Fighter goes to paris for a month honeymoon, interm belt. Fighter goes on a ski vacation, interm belt. Out to dennies for lunch, interm belt. Tj is taking one fight out at 125. Doesn't make sense to make an interm belt.

2 hours ago, eagles101 said:

Why not just make everything interm belt. Fighter goes to paris for a month honeymoon, interm belt. Fighter goes on a ski vacation, interm belt. Out to dennies for lunch, interm belt. Tj is taking one fight out at 125. Doesn't make sense to make an interm belt.

Because the fans are so stupid they see 2 belts and lose their freakin mind as if both of them mean something 

3 hours ago, eagles101 said:

Interim belts are basically used as #1 contender fights now. I don't really care as long as they don't strip the champ undeservedly. Also the fighters get paid more, so that is good.

Edited by 11sanchez11