MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

17 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Both Max and Ortega should go up and fight Khabib and Tony after they fight. Tony and Khabib, then Ortega v Khabib and Tony v Max. omg would be amazing.

Ehhh I think Khabib/Tony destroy Max/Ortega. 

Not only are Tony/Max the size of some welterweights, they are both Top 5 P4P fighters. I have Max/Ortega around #10. 

With that said, Khabib vs Tony I’m anxiously awaiting for. 

Edited by BayRaider

13 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Dillashaw-Cejudo moved from 233 to headline the ESPN+ card. Now there's no headliner for 233, and apparently Woodley's not ready to fight Covington (they want Covington-Usman for the co-main). Smells like another UFC230 situation. Maybe we'll see DC headline it on two weeks notice against Aleksei Oleinik or something

233 is the same day as the Bellator card with Fedor/Bader, Pico, and Mousasi. 233 (or they can bump it down to fight pass card) can suck so we can watch Bellator instead.

My Top P4P Rankings

Tier 1:

#1 Jon Jones

#2 Daniel Cormier

Tier 2:

#3 TJ Dillashaw

#4 Khabib

#5 Tony Ferguson

#6 Tyron Woodley

#7 GSP

Tier 3:

#8 Conor McGregor

#9 Brian Ortega

#10 Max Holloway

#11 Stipe Miocic

#12 Henry Cejudo (he’d be higher if the 125lb division was still around)

Tier 4: 

We’ll basically call this the Middleweight showdown..

#13 Robert Whittaker

#14 Israel Adesanya

#15 Yoel Romero

I would love to see Conor come back and fight someone at 145 and then fight the winner of Max/Ortega. I think he beats Max again but Ortega is another bad matchup for him. 

3 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Both Max and Ortega should go up and fight Khabib and Tony after they fight. Tony and Khabib, then Ortega v Khabib and Tony v Max. omg would be amazing.

Ortega vs Khabib might be the top of my wishlist to happen in the near future. Possibly the two best MMA grapplers in the game going head to head, and neither guy is afraid to get in a brawl on the feet.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

Ortega vs Khabib might be the top of my wishlist to happen in the near future. Possibly the two best MMA grapplers in the game going head to head, and neither guy is afraid to get in a brawl on the feet.

I know Khabib isn't afraid of anything but I think his standup is worse than Ortega's 

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Not only are Tony/Max the size of some welterweights, they are both Top 5 P4P fighters. I have Max/Ortega around #10. 

Tony v Max would be alot of fun but I dont want to see Khabib v Max. I think he rag dolls him.

21 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I agree, Tony/Khabib is the matchup I desperately I want.  But I disagree on the first part. I think Khabib would beat Max, but it wouldn't be a Conor mauling. I think Max and Tony would be very close. Max would have a solid advantage in striking, assuming he could deal with the size difference than what he's typically use too. His ability to scramble out of takedowns and chain takedowns is also pretty advantageous against Tony. Granted, Tony is still dangerous in any cage scrum and if the fight actually got to the ground, I'd be very worried for Max.

Ortega vs Tony isn't as interesting, I think they both sort of negate each other strengths. I'd still give advantage to Tony just based on size and I think Tony is a better wrestler and way more creative on his feet. But Ortega has really crisp stand-up in his own right. 

On the flipside, Ortega for Khabib would be a ton of fun to watch. Ortega seems to feast on high pressure, overly aggressive fighters who shoot in on him with reckless abandon. Khabib is on a level he's never faced before, but Ortega has arguably the best Jiu-Jitsu in the game and if the fight somehow managed to stay standing for pro-longed periods, I'd give Ortega the edge. Overall, I'd still probably lean Khabib, but I'd much rather watch this then see Max get wrestled for 5 rounds. Plus, I can't discount how clutch Ortega is at times. He hasn't always been amazing in his performances, but he has a jaw dropping moment in most fights. 

Tony vs Max is super fun and Ortega vs Khabib is super fun. not sure if flipping the matchups does much for me. Especially Khabib/Max. Just ew. 

On 12/6/2018 at 5:49 PM, BayRaider said:

My Top P4P Rankings

Tier 1:

#1 Jon Jones

#2 Daniel Cormier

Tier 2:

#3 TJ Dillashaw

#4 Khabib

#5 Tony Ferguson

#6 Tyron Woodley

#7 GSP

Tier 3:

#8 Conor McGregor

#9 Brian Ortega

#10 Max Holloway

#11 Stipe Miocic

#12 Henry Cejudo (he’d be higher if the 125lb division was still around)

Tier 4: 

We’ll basically call this the Middleweight showdown..

#13 Robert Whittaker

#14 Israel Adesanya

#15 Yoel Romero

I would love to see Conor come back and fight someone at 145 and then fight the winner of Max/Ortega. I think he beats Max again but Ortega is another bad matchup for him. 

Only reason i think a Whittaker is so much higher is because the rest of the MWs simply arent that good so level of competition hurts him

15 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Only reason i think a Whittaker is so much higher is because the rest of the MWs simply arent that good so level of competition hurts him

Whittaker vs Romero both times was razor close.. plus I think Izzy will give him a run for his money and even possibly beat him.