MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

6 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

EDIT: I have doubts that Conor would take an ESPN Fight. I feel like he'd only take PPVs.

I don't think a Conor fight is anything other than a PPV headliner anyway. Can't see them putting him on ESPN when he probably still draws higher than any other fight they could put on

1 minute ago, Big Snack said:

I hate when elbows to the  back of the head just go unchecked by the ref

Just the opposite for me. Im happy when the refs are quite loose with that rule, I don't like that guys can just turn and give the back of their head and the other guy can't do anything. Often a very negative tactic

1 minute ago, Buckrock101 said:

Just the opposite for me. Im happy when the refs are quite loose with that rule, I don't like that guys can just turn and give the back of their head and the other guy can't do anything. Often a very negative tactic

I dont like if someone is using it as a tactic either. But in this fight there was more than a couple that landed flush on the back of the head. Its a protected spot for a reason and the only reason Glover was in any trouble in the fight.

1 minute ago, Big Snack said:

I dont like if someone is using it as a tactic either. But in this fight there was more than a couple that landed flush on the back of the head. Its a protected spot for a reason and the only reason Glover was in any trouble in the fight.

I get it if he was targeting the back of his head. But he was targeting behind the ear, and that's where the almost all of the elbows landed and almost all of the damage came. It would have been criminal to punish Roberson when bodies were moving and a couple of them strayed

Just now, Buckrock101 said:

Wooooow

I was thinking, Ostovich is looking great, and then she makes a big mistake getting too eager and trying to jump the back. Man, Paige has a killer instinct that not many womens fighters do. As soon as she got a sniff, she was not gonna give Ostovich a chance

I don't know it looked like she got a bit lucky to hold on and essentially land on the arm to get the submission. Thought for sure she got to high up on the back and was going to lose it.