MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

25 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

saw some guy on Twitter call for an Edgar-Volkanovski title fight at 145 if Max is done there. That would be amazing. even as an interim title fight, that would make a lot of sense right now.

I'm guessing they'll wait until after 236 to do sign anything for featherweight, since Max will probably just go back if he loses this. Although since it sounds like Nunes-Holm isn't happening, they might end up making Aldo vs whoever for an interim title, since they need a headliner for the Brazil card.

This was Tony's reaction to the Holloway-Poirier announcement...

5 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Wooooow

A little sad we're not seeing Tony vs Max, but I'm still super excited for this. It should also make Dustin happy, which I'm happy about, because it would suck if the UFC lost him

Definitely sad to see it isn't Tony since I think he is more deserving, but they already said he is fighting Khabib when he comes back right? Edit: Doesnt sound like thats the case

Also saw that Tony turned down the Max fight? Is he just going to wait for Khabib?

Isn't it strange that the next Khabib fight isn't the interim champ and real champ?

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea idk what he is thinking unless he thinks he fights Khabib next but I think the winner of this fight will then fight him so idk what Tony is doing. Sucks Khabib is out for so long

I'd put my money on him not wanting to be apart of an interim title and he probably told Dana that he'd take the fight at 145 and Dana was like "Lol nah."

He seems to go after Conor and Khabib a lot on Twitter

I am pumped to see Max vs just about anyone really. I would have him as a small favorite over just about anyone at 155 except for khabib. During the last fights me and a couple buddies were talking about who we always root for and for me i have been a big max and khabib guy since really early on. If and when the 3 of them face each other I will have to pull for Max. I think  he beats everyone at 145/155 and is a toss up against khabib. I even think he is the most likely to take the title from khabib as well.