MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

I wouldn't say Nate  has no shot. Nate could sub Askren off his back at any time, Nate has clear advantage with striking and cardio.

Nate wouldn't fight Askren anyways, he could get just about any WW/LW fight he chooses. More lucrative fish to fry than Ben Askren

5 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I wouldn't say Nate  has no shot. Nate could sub Askren off his back at any time, Nate has clear advantage with striking and cardio.

Nate wouldn't fight Askren anyways, he could get just about any WW/LW fight he chooses. More lucrative fish to fry than Ben Askren

Nate would get ragdolled by Ben just like he did vs Rory. That win over McGregor has ended up massively overrating Diaz. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Nate would get ragdolled by Ben just like he did vs Rory. That win over McGregor has ended up massively overrating Diaz. 

MMA math in a nutshell. A wrestlers nightmare is a savage who has a track record of submitting people of his back.

I believe Nate would have a better shot at beating Khabib than any LW on the roster but would probably get lit up by Poirier and Holloway who would both get destroyed by Khabib.

27 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

A wrestlers nightmare is a savage who has a track record of submitting people of his back.

I don't think this is true. Wrestlers are way better at positioning and control than BJJ guys are. I think most of the time a wrestler wins easily against BJJ guys in MMA matches.  

Ben got BUSTED up by a guy who's a pretty good striker, but not a UFC elite striker. The difference between Ben's wrestling and Khabib is Khabib is far less reckless and careless with his shooting.

You get a good enough striker in there with him and he chooses the wrong moment to shoot and he's going to sleep.

32 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

While the man can probably lose to any above average fighter, he also has the ability to beat any fighter in his classes at the same time.

Nate's BJJ is underrated. 

And it's still no match for Askren's top control...

Also, go look at Nate's fight history. He's never faired well vs wrestlers. 

6 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Better chance than Lawler, and Lawler was whooping his @$$. Askren's Standup is worse than Holloway's ground game. First UFC fight and gets pick up and thrown like a rag doll. 

Wait, where is this "Holloway's ground game" stuff coming from? Super random, and if you're saying Holloway is bad on the ground, super false too. I think you might be drunk, mate

19 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

Not really true. Sambo is a mishmash of different disciplines but its heavily influenced by wrestling

Influenced by it but it's still not wrestling. Would kinda be like saying Judo is wrestling. Sure, its a form of grappling, like wrestling, but it's still not wrestling. 

34 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Khabib isn't a wrestler...Sambo isn't wrestling. 

khabib doesn't even do sambo, not really. he does combat sambo, if you watch it is basically mma w/o standup striking. that's why he is good at mma grappling, because he has basically been training for it forever.