MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

14 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

doesn't one make people fight a weight up? so dj was fighting at 135 and eddie at 170?

Yeah. They bumped each of the weight classes up (flyweight 135, bantamweight 145 etc), and supposedly people fight without cutting. Yet they have a bunch of fighters fighting for belts in multiple classes (they even had one double-champ fighting for a third belt). So something doesn't really add up.

Plus, I believe they don't test for steroids either. So there's that.

18 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I highly doubt Tony would agree to fight Gathje. It's probably title fight or bust for Tony especially with the recent news about his poor mental health. 

As much as he has deserved a shot before he needs to fight again before getting the title shot. Khabib v Max/Dustin is the next title fight and thats a long way away still. Tony cant wait 4 months AFTER that fight to go after the belt

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

As much as he has deserved a shot before he needs to fight again before getting the title shot. Khabib v Max/Dustin is the next title fight and thats a long way away still. Tony cant wait 4 months AFTER that fight to go after the belt

My best friend's little brother is an up and coming boxer in the Ventura/Oxnard area and regularly trains with Tony Ferguson. Every time he goes to a tournament or has a fight Ferguson wishes him good luck on his Instagram story, they're close. Trust me, Tony isn't fighting again if it's not for the belt. 

On 4/1/2019 at 12:36 PM, NYRaider said:

My best friend's little brother is an up and coming boxer in the Ventura/Oxnard area and regularly trains with Tony Ferguson. Every time he goes to a tournament or has a fight Ferguson wishes him good luck on his Instagram story, they're close. Trust me, Tony isn't fighting again if it's not for the belt. 

First off that’s awesome if its true

2nd i agree he should get his shot. I feel like I’ve been leading the pro-Ferguson hype train for years but I feel like the ufc wont give him his shot if he is off that long since the division is stacked 

Just see the Angela Lee fight, wow what a great womens fight. Round 2 was kinda slow but overall a tremendous fight.

I'm kind of bummed though because if you watch slowly, her opponent grabs the cage to flip on top of Lee to get out of the arm bar. While she did get the arm bar after anyways, the position she was in was perfect before that chick grabbed the cage.

Very close fight though. This is how I scored it up until the finish (although I know ONE isn't Round by Round scoring)

R1 10-9 Angela Lee (definitely Angela's Round)

R2 10-9 Jingnan (super close round)

R3 10-9 Jingnan (super close round, I gave it to Angela up until the final final exchange in the last 15 seconds)

R4 10-9 Angela Lee (definitely Angela's Round)

Non Round by Round Scoring: Angela would of definitely been ahead overall.

Jingnan is a solid fighter, no question. Angela doesn't have the gas tank for that division though. She was running on fumes majority of the 3rd, 4th, and had nothing in the 5th. No one is beating her at Atomweight 100%. Strawweight was too much weight for her frame but everyone is about super fights these days.

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Top 3 Womens MMA Fight ever imo.

I wanna know how Jingnan's elbow even functioned after that 4th round. Lee had her deep in that armbar and it looked like she dislocated/broke it for a second but I'd venture she didn't cuz Jingnan never tapped.