MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

Think Francis is a huge problem for whichever guy has the belt at 241. I'm backing him to win either way. Of course Francis is probably done if either guy can get him to the ground, but all he needs is one touch to end the fight.

The difference between him now and before his first title shot is he's got a bit of anger now. Before he fought Stipe he was being brought up as the next superstar, everyone was hyping him, and that lead to overconfidence and complacency. Getting rolled by Stipe and following that with the Lewis fight got a lot of people to doubt him, and I think that's given Francis the fire he needs to become champion.

8 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

damn, Ngannou's beaten pretty much every other heavyweight contender other than DC/Stipe. Feel like DC/Stipe/Francis have separated themselves on an island from everyone else.

Agreed

Idk what JDS was thinking winging that huge overhand right, opened him up big time. For such a crisp boxer you need to be technical as heck vs a guy like Ngannou

Still wondering if Francis can stay on his feet long enough to be dangerous. He doesnt exactly have the best cardio so much like Conor v Khabib, once he gets taken down a few times in the first 2 rounds(if it lasts that long) will he have enough in the tank to catch the champ?

Much like the Cain/JDS fights. We all knew JDS was dangerous but once Cain got him down he GnPd him relentlessly 

With that said, even a jab from the Predator will spell the beginning of the end

15 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Still wondering if Francis can stay on his feet long enough to be dangerous. He doesnt exactly have the best cardio so much like Conor v Khabib, once he gets taken down a few times in the first 2 rounds(if it lasts that long) will he have enough in the tank to catch the champ?

That was always the question I asked... but now I'm thinking the questions is rather, can Stipe/DC keep away from Ngannou's power for long enough to draw the fight out and test his cardio/grappling?

Stipe did it in their first fight, but he was really flirting with danger in the first round. Not too sure he gets out of the first unscathed again if they rematch.

5 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I love when Jorge does this:

https://youtu.be/bD-cp66NxGs?t=409

sweeps the leg after someone kicks him to get them off balance and straight to his own attack

also herb was 100% stopping the fight and heard the bell and decided to let it go lol

I'm definitely excited to see him face Askren. Cant imagine, he'll get a great chance to do that against Ben though

5 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Ohhhh myyyy godddddd

It's not the ranked guy that Vicente deserves, but this fight is 200% violence. What a freaking fight. Think Vicente's going to end up having two fight of the year contenders in the same year.

I expect Luque to smash him, just needs to come out of the gate better than his last

12 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I love when Jorge does this:

https://youtu.be/bD-cp66NxGs?t=409

sweeps the leg after someone kicks him to get them off balance and straight to his own attack

also herb was 100% stopping the fight and heard the bell and decided to let it go lol

He goes after grabbing kicks a lot. I think its one of his biggest weaknesses.

I'm so ready for Saturday, man.

- My main squeeze, the man with the body of a Greek god, Luke Rockhold returns to make a statement at 205. Think if he dismantles Jan, he'll get Jones (assuming he wins) due to the DC rivalry.
- Funky vs Gamebred. Oh boy. That's either going to be a barn burner or Ben's going to ragdoll him. Rooting hard for Ben because I want to see him win UFC gold to spite everyone who shat on him while he was a Bellator and ONE Champ. 20-0 with a great performance on Saturday gets him "Marty from Nebraska" one would think.
- Can Holly pull off the biggest female upset of all-time...twice? I feel like Holly will implement a similar gameplan as Bullet had in her fights with Nunes, except I think she's got the speed and power to make Nunes pay with shots, something that Valentina couldn't do. Nunes won't have as easy of a target as she has had recently (Cyborg, Rousey, Pennington, Tate) outside of the Bullet fights. Gonna be a fun friggin' fight. I think Holly pulls it out, tbh.
- Bones vs Marreta is going to be friggin' fun as hell. I'm hoping Marreta starts fast and brings the fight to Jones. There's no way he can win the fight being tentative. He needs to attack like he has nothing to lose...because he doesn't. Rooting hard for Marreta just because of how great a person he is but I also wanna see Jones vs Rockhold. Torn.
- Last but not least...El Nino is back. Hasn't fought since September of 2017 and hasn't won a fight since 2013. He gets an up and coming Arnold Allen. For Allen, this is a huge step up in competition, even though El Nino is on a 5 year long (4 fight) losing streak. He's still a former Strikeforce Champion and UFC title challenger. Gonna be a fun one to watch IMO.

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I'm so ready for Saturday, man.

- My main squeeze, the man with the body of a Greek god, Luke Rockhold returns to make a statement at 205. Think if he dismantles Jan, he'll get Jones (assuming he wins) due to the DC rivalry.
- Funky vs Gamebred. Oh boy. That's either going to be a barn burner or Ben's going to ragdoll him. Rooting hard for Ben because I want to see him win UFC gold to spite everyone who shat on him while he was a Bellator and ONE Champ. 20-0 with a great performance on Saturday gets him "Marty from Nebraska" one would think.
- Can Holly pull off the biggest female upset of all-time...twice? I feel like Holly will implement a similar gameplan as Bullet had in her fights with Nunes, except I think she's got the speed and power to make Nunes pay with shots, something that Valentina couldn't do. Nunes won't have as easy of a target as she has had recently (Cyborg, Rousey, Pennington, Tate) outside of the Bullet fights. Gonna be a fun friggin' fight. I think Holly pulls it out, tbh.
- Bones vs Marreta is going to be friggin' fun as hell. I'm hoping Marreta starts fast and brings the fight to Jones. There's no way he can win the fight being tentative. He needs to attack like he has nothing to lose...because he doesn't. Rooting hard for Marreta just because of how great a person he is but I also wanna see Jones vs Rockhold. Torn.
- Last but not least...El Nino is back. Hasn't fought since September of 2017 and hasn't won a fight since 2013. He gets an up and coming Arnold Allen. For Allen, this is a huge step up in competition, even though El Nino is on a 5 year long (4 fight) losing streak. He's still a former Strikeforce Champion and UFC title challenger. Gonna be a fun one to watch IMO.

Maybe then T-Wood retires. Good forbid him and Ben fight each other.