MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

3 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

wooooow, big if true. can't say I'm not excited about another weight class, more belts mean more title fights and I'm happy with that.

would also mean 100% than Conor's going to get that shot next if he beats Khabib. maybe even if he loses, too.

Also means WW will be at 175 now

got everyone else on twitter saying 165 is not true, although it kinda feels like a matter of time. even if it doesn't happen for this fight, all the fighters want the division, and more belts means more money for the UFC.

just makes sense for them to do it for 230. rather than putting Weidman-Rockhold as the interim 205 belt or something

7 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

his value to other orgs is more than to the UFC right now. since he's lost to Conor and Dustin already, but beaten a lot of other guys, he's in a tough spot where he's kind of capped out.

but he's still a really exciting fighter, and a legend of the sport, who could be a proper star in Bellator or One. so they're willing to splash some cash.

Also heard something about One wanting to expand into Japan next year, and wanting Eddie to spearhead that push, since he's got a history in Japan. Alvarez vs Aoki 3 would be a huge fight for them to launch in Japan with.

Still kind of crazy though. I feel like Eddie just got here. 

20 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

apparently they're thinking about Gus vs Yoel for either the interim 205 title or the full 205 title for MSG.

Kinda funny, since I thought Yoel was injured and that's why he couldn't fight Costa...

Yoel does whatever he wants haha

Thats an interesting fight though. Gusty can keep him at range but Yoel has serious power. Just gotta hope fighting at 205 means he wont be gassed

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yoel does whatever he wants haha

Thats an interesting fight though. Gusty can keep him at range but Yoel has serious power. Just gotta hope fighting at 205 means he wont be gassed

He's over 40 and has a huge amount of muscle mass, I don't think his cardio will improve. I think he only fights if it's for the belt, and that makes sense as to why he would decline Costa but accept the fight with Gus. He doesn't have many fights left.