MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Usman vs RDA is happening.

RDA has fought Covington, Lawler, TFerg, Eddie Alvarez, Cerrone X2, Anthony Pettis, Nate Diaz, Benson Henderson, Khabib, and was scheduled to fight Conor. Add Usman to that and that is a ridiculous strength of schedule.

He hasnt been the same since the post weigh in changes and such

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

We spent alot of time talking about Conor/Khabib and rightfully so but what about the others?

Ferg-Pettis is a fireworks fight and as a Ferguson fan I'm worried for him because Pettis is a dangerous dude. I just pray if Pettis wins that Conor wins. I dont want to see Pettis v Khabib but even if Anthony wins, I cant imagine he gets a shot next anyways

OSP-Reyes probably isn't lasting a full round

Lewis-Volkov hopefully won't last a round because Lewis has the cardio of a 105 year old man after taking the stairs to bingo

I kinda think Pettis is going to win by submission. Tony's a great fighter, but he puts himself in dangerous positions, and for all Pettis lacks, he's a great finisher. Especially on the ground.

btw if Pettis wins, the next shot is 100% going to be Poirier or Diaz, unless something happens with the 165 division

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

We spent alot of time talking about Conor/Khabib and rightfully so but what about the others?

Ferg-Pettis is a fireworks fight and as a Ferguson fan I'm worried for him because Pettis is a dangerous dude. I just pray if Pettis wins that Conor wins. I dont want to see Pettis v Khabib but even if Anthony wins, I cant imagine he gets a shot next anyways

OSP-Reyes probably isn't lasting a full round

Lewis-Volkov hopefully won't last a round because Lewis has the cardio of a 105 year old man after taking the stairs to bingo

Volkov will beat him down if he gets tired though so no worries there.

A little too much is made of Derrick Lewis and cardio problems. He beat Tybura in the 3rd, Browne in the 2nd, Shamil in the 4th, Pesta in the 3rd, Potts in the 2nd, as well as winning a 3 rounder against Nelson. He went 2/3 rounds in a ton of his earlier fights, too.

He may not technically have the best cardio, but he knows how to conserve his energy really well, which is basically the same thing. The bigger problem is the back issue. If that's still around, Volkov will almost certainly outwork him and pick him apart. but Derrick's shown he can maintain KO power into the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Not to mention his GNP power, which is life-changing at any time in the fight.

I loked khabib in this last presser. Didnt wait for connors bullcrap. Answered the questions calm and collectively and made good points. Connors mental game seems to being falling short. 

Would like to see a panel of the ppv though. The rest of the fights are great and are really getting over shadowed. 

Lots of interesting questions after the fights. Like what happens to the lhw and he divisions. Both are pretty well held up with dc, lesnar, jones. Doesnt make much sense for lewis/volkov to fight again till they get a championship fight but they also might be waiting awhile for it. Reyes/preux also seem to really only have a fight with gus but gus might be waiting for his shot. Tony/pettis obviously get a shot after this but who knows what connor/khabib has planned. Waterson/felice hearing start into contender category. If one dominates i would like to see them vs andrade/suarez. 

But of course you never know. With all this pressure on all the fighters we might have a boring tenative fights. You just never know.

17 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

I loked khabib in this last presser. Didnt wait for connors bullcrap. Answered the questions calm and collectively and made good points. Connors mental game seems to being falling short. 

Would like to see a panel of the ppv though. The rest of the fights are great and are really getting over shadowed. 

Lots of interesting questions after the fights. Like what happens to the lhw and he divisions. Both are pretty well held up with dc, lesnar, jones. Doesnt make much sense for lewis/volkov to fight again till they get a championship fight but they also might be waiting awhile for it. Reyes/preux also seem to really only have a fight with gus but gus might be waiting for his shot. Tony/pettis obviously get a shot after this but who knows what connor/khabib has planned. Waterson/felice hearing start into contender category. If one dominates i would like to see them vs andrade/suarez. 

But of course you never know. With all this pressure on all the fighters we might have a boring tenative fights. You just never know.

Lol wut? All Khabib said was Oct 6th 100 times. And by the way he says it’s cause he’s not a fast thinker. 

Also there’s no mental game involved by Conor. He’s trying to sell the fight. Something Khabib is not doing. Conor is gonna make Khabib a multi millionaire and set for life on Saturday. 

Edited by BayRaider

37 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Also there’s no mental game involved by Conor. He’s trying to sell the fight. Something Khabib is not doing. Conor is gonna make Khabib a multi millionaire and set for life on Saturday. 

Come on. There is 100% a big mental game being played by Conor, for all of his fights. and it worked for pretty much every fight so far, except for the Diaz fights, because Nate has the same thing as Fry in Futurama where he's immune to mind control.

The fight's already sold. He sold it in April, and to be honest it would be sold even without that, just because of Conor's name. his press conference game is to try and get Khabib riled up. It remains to be seen whether it will have an impact.