Draft Day Thread: 1st Round Discussion

Dome

I expected this pick to be Lamar Jackson as well though with a slight chance that it might've been Derwin James (too good of a value to pass up at that pick even with Coleman/Bell on the roster) or Tremaine Edmunds who has super upside due to being very young and athleticism that is through the roof, but Davenport... we probably could've waited longer to draft him and for less or trade up for a better player for less.

Just now, Spartica4Real said:

What happens if Drew declines a lot this year? No 1st to take his replacement next year now. We basically just gave up Lamar Jackson this year and any QB next year for freaking Davenport. He better become a cornerstone across from Cam. 

We can always trade our 2020 1st!

2 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

He better be a ******* monster

First let me say that the trade compensation was a Lil steep, however I did have Davenport as my 10th overall prospect. I think this kid is the next Demarcus Ware and Sean Payton has been saying ALL ALONG that a pressure player and edge rusher is a MuST. I do agree that typically trades of this cost is for quarterbacks and I kinda felt it would be for Lamar but ELITE edge rushers ARE SO HARD TO FIND in the NFL and you have to draft them high. Most of us have been clammoring for an edge rusher for YEARS and the Saints have been extremely picky when it came to this position but they finally found there guy so I can't fault them for this move. 

What this does does say tho is that the Saints are ALL IN with trying to win another super bowl with Brees. Look, if Davenport becomes the next great NFL edge rusher and a Demarcus Ware type talent then this is well worth it, I for one am very happy they finally found there guy on the edge. This pick will only make Cam Jordan that much more dangerous.

Maybe Payton wasn't lying about Taysom Hill being a legit possibility at QB for the future and that his desire to help the team is why he started playing on special teams... Considering the need at pass-rusher though, the pick makes sense...

Just now, Raves said:

Maybe Payton wasn't lying about Taysom Hill being a legit possibility at QB for the future and that his desire to help the team is why he started playing on special teams... Considering the need at pass-rusher though, the pick makes sense...

This front office has built up a lot of currency with me... like I said before, I have Davenport as the 10th best prospect at the 2nd most important position of value in the NFL. Elite edge rushers don't grow on trees, just like with a quarterback if the player hits its well worth the trade, if he dosen't then people will answer for it.

1 minute ago, Raves said:

Honestly, we didn't trade up and draft Baker Mayfield, so I'm happy regardless of what I feel about the prospect, who I admittedly have 0 knowledge of.

I agree there, but man I'm disappointed. Lamar will be a monster if coached in the right situation (aka not a place like Cleveland). We would've been perfect for him. :(

Archived