SUSHI TRAIN CONDUCTED BY DORSEY

mistakey

4 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

If it is 12...22...and a first next year?  Then i may be in...it has to be that type of hall

I'll take a 4th instead of a future 1st if we get Denver to take 12/22 for pick 5.  Free money, and a lower contract to boot.  

Three way deal?

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Been tryna tell y’all...

If there was an awesome prospect at 4 take them. If there was aJulio or AJ or Von Miller type. But there isn’t. CHubb is just good. Barkley is excellent but an rb. 

So get firsts. Fill up the roster with good players.

if no one stuffs up we are an LT and a CB away from being legit. 

I don’t trust Randall and JG to be guys that don’t get in trouble though

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

If there was an awesome prospect at 4 take them. If there was aJulio or AJ or Von Miller type. But there isn’t. CHubb is just good. Barkley is excellent but an rb. 

So get firsts. Fill up the roster with good players.

if no one stuffs up we are an LT and a CB away from being legit. 

I don’t trust Randall and JG to be guys that don’t get in trouble though

I agree, we’ll said.

Bottom line for me is there are no guarantees, even at 4.  I’d rather have 3 first round picks, with few exceptions.

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

that feeling when you curse the nerds but the jocks thought the nerds were really smart

@big poppa pump

I curse the nerds for lack of identifying a franchise qb

I curse the nerds for not making better picks

I don't curse the nerds for lucking into the 4th pick this year

Time to use it on elite talent...unless we are blown away

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Been tryna tell y’all...

Pump entertaining the idea of a trade down if it's a huge haul is the first I remember of this. In other news, what do you think about grabbing Barkley at 5 if we trade down one spot and have quarterbacks go 1-4?

2 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Pump entertaining the idea of a trade down if it's a huge haul is the first I remember of this. In other news, what do you think about grabbing Barkley at 5 if we trade down one spot and have quarterbacks go 1-4?

no barkley til like 12

7 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I curse the nerds for lack of identifying a franchise qb

But really just Wentz though right?  Or are we saying Watson is for sure based off 7 games or whatever it was?

I get the frustration, but going all in on a nearly 24 year old QB with 2 years of starting experience at NDSU takes some serious balls.  Especially with your first pick ever.  Especially with a roster that had zero talent.  Especially when the coach/QB whisperer wasn’t banging the table for him.

It’s easy to close your eyes, plug your ears and scream “BUT YOU DIDNT DRAFT HIM!!!” but it lacks a lot of perspective.  

Fairly moot point if Darnold ends up being a stud too imo.

7 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I curse the nerds for not making better picks

Based on 16 or 32 games?  I mean.... Who’s to say Garrett, Njoku, Peppers, and Ogunjobi aren’t beasts?  Schobert adds a pro bowler from the first class.

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I agree, we’ll said.

Bottom line for me is there are no guarantees, even at 4.  I’d rather have 3 first round picks, with few exceptions.

Totally. 

Aome years the bust rate of the top 10 is higher than 11-20 due to people swinging for the fences. 

Also the Mangini trade back was awful. We trade back for picks not lots of second rate players. But that goes without saying.

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

But really just Wentz though right?  Or are we saying Watson is for sure based off 7 games or whatever it was?

I get the frustration, but going all in on a nearly 24 year old QB with 2 years of starting experience at NDSU takes some serious balls.  Especially with your first pick ever.  Especially with a roster that had zero talent.  Especially when the coach/QB whisperer wasn’t banging the table for him.

It’s easy to close your eyes, plug your ears and scream “BUT YOU DIDNT DRAFT HIM!!!” but it lacks a lot of perspective.  

Fairly moot point if Darnold ends up being a stud too imo.

Based on 16 or 32 games?  I mean.... Who’s to say Garrett, Njoku, Peppers, and Ogunjobi aren’t beasts?  Schobert adds a pro bowler from the first class.

So far it is Wentz and possibly Watson

It could be Trubisky and Mahomes for all we know.  If you are going to question Watson's ability because it's only 7 games, then we should hold off to see how Trubisky and Mahomes do also.  They could have been in play at 1 last year too.

And I don't think this can be emphasizes enough....the picks you mentioned lead us to 1 win in the last 2 years.  They may ultimately pan out, and show that Sashi knew what he was doing.  But for now...they are just a group of guys that got 1 win in the last 2 years.  Blame Hue all you want...and yes..he bears some of that blame, however, you, and others, keep giving Sashi a pass.  I am not.

11 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

we're not giving him a pass.  you're just not looking at the growth that can come from them.
lol if we would have taken mahomes at 1 you would have called for his head by pick 2

@big poppa pump I’m for sure saying hold off on Trubisky and Mahomes too, but it’s pretty unreasonable to hold a GM accountable for not only the picks they make, but the ones they pass on.  Im not saying they aren’t talented, but those two weren’t exactly can miss prospects, most weren’t as high on either of them as the top 2-3 guys this year.

The win total last year and the year before were never the goal, it was about building a sustainable winner through the draft. Spending a lot on free agents and scraping together 4-6 wins is essentially what every regime prior to them did.  They took a pitiful roster, nuked it and worked to build it up over 3-5 years.

The part about when to select a QB can’t be overlooked either.  Let’s assume they had taken Wentz and he is just as good here as in Philly (doubtful).  As of now, we have a 3 year window before we have to pay that QB a whopping contract. Is the rest of this roster ready to compete right now?  I don’t think so.  As many teams have shown, unless your QB is willing to give you a discount, it becomes increasingly difficult to win with a QB sucking up 20% of your cap space.

If you build the team up around the QB first, like the Rams for example, you have a 3-4 year window when you can pay the position players a ton, have a great team and potentially win a title. This is exactly what Philly, Seattle, Baltimore, Steelers and Giants have done in the last decade and a half.

It’s not about giving Sashi a pass, it’s identifying what his objective was and what he was doing to meet that objective.  You are fixed on his w/l record but that was never his objective for the last 2 seasons. You’re not “letting him off the hook” for not doing something he never tried to do.

Archived