Bowlers Final Mock

Bowler1215

Bears trade 8 to Chargers for 17, 48, 155 and 2019 2nd   They take Vea.

17) OLB Harold Landry-Pass rusher obvious need

39) OLB Sam Hubbard-Yes we double down on OLBs/pass rushers right away.  Why you ask:

1) Its thin at pass rusher this year.  We have no shot at Chubb unless we give up future picks(not worth it)  We don't get the #1 pass rusher, but we get 2 of the top 5 or 6

2) We have Acho and Lynch for 1 year.  Yes, they can be resigned.  I can see us resigning one of them, not both. 

3) Leonard Floyd has ended both his years here on IR. 

4) We're in dire need of pass rushers.  I know theres .0001% of this actually happening, but teams have double dipped on one position in the first 2 picks.

48) OG/OC Frank Ragnow-We need interior O-line help.  Ragnow goes to either LG or OC, Whitehair goes to the other.  

105) DE Breeland Speaks-We need depth here, and as we all know a solid pass rush helps the secondary

115) Safety Kyzir White-With multiple DBs on the field, and we need safety depth, he could be a steal here.

145) WR Jaleel Scott-Under the radar player, could be a steal.  Trubisky needs more weapons  

181) CB Michael Joseph-small school guy who played well in college.  We need depth here and possibly a starter in the future

224) Safety Jordan Martin-Depth player.  Deon Bush and DHC are fighting to stay on the roster now.  

4 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

39) OLB Sam Hubbard-Yes we double down on OLBs/pass rushers right away.  Why you ask:

1) Its thin at pass rusher this year.  We have no shot at Chubb unless we give up future picks(not worth it)  We don't get the #1 pass rusher, but we get 2 of the top 5 or 6

2) We have Acho and Lynch for 1 year.  Yes, they can be resigned.  I can see us resigning one of them, not both. 

4) We're in dire need of pass rushers.  I know theres .0001% of this actually happening, but teams have double dipped on one position in the first 2 picks.

48) OG/OC Frank Ragnow-We need interior O-line help.  Ragnow goes to either LG or OC, Whitehair goes to the other.  

105) DE Breeland Speaks-We need depth here, and as we all know a solid pass rush helps the secondary

115) Safety Kyzir White-With multiple DBs on the field, and we need safety depth, he could be a steal here.

145) WR Jaleel Scott-Under the radar player, could be a steal.  Trubisky needs more weapons  

181) CB Michael Joseph-small school guy who played well in college.  We need depth here and possibly a starter in the future

224) Safety Jordan Martin-Depth player.  Deon Bush and DHC are fighting to stay on the roster now.  

Outside of truly elite players, you odds are probably better to get a one very good pass rusher by drafting two at 17 and 39 than drafting one at 8. The odds of getting two good pass rushers is 100 percent better drafting two at 17 and 39 than drafting one at 8. Heard a good draft discussion the other day about "if you were drafting now" for past drafts. Two drafts no more than 3 years apart, one had the few best players in the top 10 of the first round and the other had the few best players in the bottom 10 of the first round.

High Oline pick meets the "protect Trubisky" requirement with a WR thrown in later. I like the defense heavy approach. Builds for the future by adding a 2nd rounder in 2019.

Don't know about the specific draftees in the later rounds, but the general emphasis on defense and improving depth and loading up the cheap rookie contract train helps too.

Did I say I really like adding the 2nd in 2019.

8 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

No guarantee Landry is there at #17. If they want him, they should take him at #8...

A couple of hours ago I took a look at the 9 mock draft picks on NFL com.

Landry averaged going 21st (15-28)

Davenport averaged 16th (9-22)

Roquan Smith avg 9th (9-12)

I didn't do Edmunds as I don't want him. :)

1 hour ago, 51to54 said:

A couple of hours ago I took a look at the 9 mock draft picks on NFL com.

Landry averaged going 21st (15-28)

Davenport averaged 16th (9-22)

Roquan Smith avg 9th (9-12)

I didn't do Edmunds as I don't want him. :)

What was the nfl.com average for Trubisky last year? 

Who cares where nfl.com has players being drafted? None of these things mean anything.

1 hour ago, Bowler1215 said:

Good draft but i think Hubbard goes before 39. NFL teams raid pass rushers.

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Who cares where nfl.com has players being drafted? None of these things mean anything.

And? It doesn't matter what we say either... yet here we are making mocks.

It's a talking point man.

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

And? It doesn't matter what we say either... yet here we are making mocks.

It's a talking point man.

I think he's just pointing out that you can't really say that dropping nine slots will get you Landry, based on an amalgam of web mocks.

Which makes sense. Better to have a list of like five guys, in that scenario...

3 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I think he's just pointing out that you can't really say that dropping nine slots will get you Landry, based on an amalgam of web mocks.

Which makes sense. Better to have a list of like five guys, in that scenario...

That's fair, but the point still stands. There will be a lot of fluctuation that the analysts and that we didn't expect. People are going to go much higher or lower than we thought.

I think Landry has a stopping point at GB, but who knows? Plus if Pace makes a trade back (or near any other GM) there will be a short list of people who they deem to be good values at the new spot. It would be surprising for someone to blatantly trade back that far and only have one person keyed on.

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Trubisky got drafted as a pass rusher? Did Pace get taken to the cleaners or what!!

D'oh! I forgot to pick 155.  In my scenario, an OT who could replace Massie next year.    As we all know, anything can happen in the draft.  Players get over drafted, other players fall.  I've seen Hubbard from Tenn at 25 to mid to late 2nd round.  Landry and Hubbard is one dream scenario for me.  We'll have to see what happens this weekend.

Archived