2018 NFL Draft Thread - Day 1

Heimdallr

I can agree with that; like I've said before, it's our development of more raw offensive line prospects that I have the issue with than the players themselves. With Bryan, you're absolutely right. I trust Zimmer/Patterson to get everything out of him.

The Saints own the 27th overall pick in this year’s draft, but they may have a higher pick before the night is over. New Orleans has made multiple calls about making “a big leap up” in the first round, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/26/report-saints-discussing-a-big-move-up-in-the-first-round/

25 minutes ago, rpmwr19 said:

I can agree with that; like I've said before, it's our development of more raw offensive line prospects that I have the issue with than the players themselves. With Bryan, you're absolutely right. I trust Zimmer/Patterson to get everything out of him.

I guess I'm just the equivalent of a hopeless romantic...and believe that Sparano and Janocko can work out the kinks and actually fix some issues with some of the O-Line, because there might actually be a chance to have a consistent message sent out.  In 2014-15, they had Davidson/Fraley, who I don't believe actually knew what Norv/Zimmer wanted out of the line (and really had no experience with his offensive scheme).  In 2016, it was Sparano/Fraley, and they hadn't worked together before and Sparano hadn't worked with Norv either.  Now, this will be the 2nd year of Sparano and Janocko working together and an offense that will likely be a similar system to that of Shurmur, so it should be one that has a similar blocking scheme and they'll be able to spend more time on refining technique.  

7 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

rqz1cn.jpg

Mike Band's draft day 1st round predictions. Mike is a former FF member and former Vikings scout and analytics team member.

I certainly would be a fan of Bryan, because I'm not counting on Sheldon Richardson being here beyond 1 year.  

I love the draft. Quite possibly my favorite day of the year but I hate hate hate how much attention these terrible teams get. Then when they arent talking about how Cleveland might turn this around they start talking about the Cowboys. If they want to talk about teams instead of players how about talking about teams with front offices that know what they are doing. They will talk about Dallas no matter where they are drafting.

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

rqz1cn.jpg

Mike Band's draft day 1st round predictions. Mike is a former FF member and former Vikings scout and analytics team member.

lots of interesting trades...

Arizona moving up for Rosen... Green Bay jumping up... Patriots moving up for Lamar Jackson... Bucs trading down...  among others.

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

It would be tough, but he’s still recovering from surgery for a torn labrum. A 4-6 month recovery time, surgery done in February, you may not have him for training camp. 

Oh I get why they might pass on that.  I just hope they don't.  I would feel different if it was another type of injury / recovery.  Price's recovery from his torn pec is a bigger issue than Wynn's in my opinion.  Whether you take him at 30 or 62.  Plus you can take a healthy guy and have him blow out his acl opening week like Greenway.  Just take the guy likely to give you 10 years of good football.

Archived