2018 Ravens Draft Weekend Thread

drd23

13 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

This draft is tying a record for the most picks in a Baltimore Ravens draft at 12.

2018- 12 picks

1997- 12 picks (notables): Peter Boulware, Jamie Sharper, Kim Herring, Jeff Mitchell (4/12 hits) - Cornell Brown definitely outperformed his draft position IMO, I would consider that a hit personally.

2003- 11 picks (notables): Terrell Suggs, (Kyle Boller), Jarrett Johnson, Ovie Mughelli, Aubrayo Franklin, Tony Pashos (5/12 hits)

2016- 11 picks (notables): Ronnie Stanley, Tavon Young, (Alex Lewis), Willie Henry, Matt Judon, Maurice Canady (5-6/11 hits)

2002- 10 picks (notables): Ed Reed, Anthony Weaver, Chester Taylor (3/10 hits) - Dave Zastudil was definitely a hit.  He was our starting punter and was signed away as a FA (and got us a comp pick IIRC).

Some others of note (IMO).

Also of note, a lot of those were 7th round heavy (worth noting when you're putting x/y hits).

Just now, sp6488 said:

I like the Shaqueem Griffin story as much as the next person, but I'm ready for coverage of the actual players being picked real-time... Does that make me a jerk?

No, it makes you a rational viewer who doesn't use exaggerated compassion as a character prop.

8 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Some others of note (IMO).

Also of note, a lot of those were 7th round heavy (worth noting when you're putting x/y hits).

True. Based off of the numbers realistically we will only see about 5 or so of these guys to amount to anything. If we get 7 of them to come on, that’s be spectacular.

3 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

No, it makes you a rational viewer who doesn't use exaggerated compassion as a character prop.

Has either coverage team talked about any of the 6th round picks?

Is it that crazy that people watching the draft would want to hear about the picks?  I know they have done late round picks in batches in the past, but I don't think there has been a single pick talked about this entire round (just got home for the beginning of the 6th).

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

True. Based off of the numbers realistically we will only see about 5 or so of these guys to amount to anything. If we get 7 of them to come on, that’s be spectacular.

Yea, a 6th round guy being on the team for 2 or 3 years, playing some ST, maybe starting a game then being replaced by another late round guy is a fine/normal result.  We all view these guys as future starters on draft day, which I hope they all are, but important to keep some perspective on realistic success rate IMO.

7 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Oh wow... Now we're doing a pre-taped segment with the moms...

I'm not opposed to any of these things in a vacuum, but they seem to be completely ignoring the draft itself at this point.

Just now, sp6488 said:

I'm not opposed to any of these things in a vacuum, but they seem to be completely ignoring the draft itself at this point.

They always do, by this stage. I gave up when they had the most annoying guy from Good Morning Football messing about on that mini-field, and then that terribly over-indulgent Shaqueem Griffin film.

Just now, sp6488 said:

Ok, now they seem to be back on track to some degree.

1 minute ago, sp6488 said:

The NFL is stupid, why not have a separate show with newly drafted prospects and their families? I'm sure it would have high ratings and also keep the draft fair to all prospects and fans of different teams.

Just now, DreamKid said:

The NFL is stupid, why not have a separate show with newly drafted prospects and their families? I'm sure it would have high ratings and also keep the draft fair to all prospects and fans of different teams.

Yea, sort of like the multi-channel coverage ESPN does for the bowl games.  PArtnership with Fox should allow for it (fox/FS1/other channels they own).

7 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Has either coverage team talked about any of the 6th round picks?

Is it that crazy that people watching the draft would want to hear about the picks?  I know they have done late round picks in batches in the past, but I don't think there has been a single pick talked about this entire round (just got home for the beginning of the 6th).

ESPN has talked about our picks, just not live. They kind of address them a few minutes after the fact.

EQ ST Brown still there, Tarvarus McFadden still there, Tony Brown from alabama, JC Jackson from Maryland, Nick Orr, Deontay Burnett, Allen Lazard, James Looney, Hercules Mataafa (for the special teams and development), Akrum Wadley, Skai Moore, Damon Webb, Bradley Bozeman, Martez Carter, Quin Blanding, Jeremy Reaves, Braxton Berrios.

Thats my remaining players. Both Reaves and Orr are two of those I wwant the most.

Archived