2018 Ravens Draft Weekend Thread

drd23

24 minutes ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Oh I agree with Perriman getting the axe, I think that should've already happened.

With the remaining picks I hope they go:

Bradley Bozeman

Bo Scarbrough

Deontay Burnett

DeShon Elliott

Let's gooooo. That's one. Pissed I took him off my 20 prospect list. 

Just now, DreamKid said:

OOOOOOOOOOOhhhhh DeShon Elliot!!!!

Just now, Danand said:

I like this pick, and Elliot as a player. Though he would go much higher. Great player in bracket coverage

Yea, seems like really good value in the 6th considering his physical profile and some of the plays he made at UT.

After my first look at Elliot-

"Wow.... Deshon Elliot snuck up on me. FS/SS, Texas 6'2 219. He's a true all around safety. Despite being so young he already physically overwhelms players and has a high high ceiling. He can ballhawk in the centerfield or be a roaming enforcer. He could even contribute early for us by locking down on TEs and take over the dimebacker role from Clark/Levine. The knock on him is that he is a poor tackler but I don't see it, I see a knowledgeable beyond his years operator who can discern when to wrap, hit, or tackle. He shows plus instincts as well as ball skills/return ability. KO hitter with room to grow, we need this kid!

He's an early round safety, I don't know why projections on him are so low but I can't seem him being there past our 2nd round pick if even in the 2nd at all."

This draft is tying a record for the most picks in a Baltimore Ravens draft at 12.

2018- 12 picks

1997- 12 picks (notables): Peter Boulware, Jamie Sharper, Kim Herring, Jeff Mitchell (4/12 hits)

2003- 11 picks (notables): Terrell Suggs, (Kyle Boller), Jarrett Johnson, Ovie Mughelli, Aubrayo Franklin, Tony Pashos (5/12 hits)

2016- 11 picks (notables): Ronnie Stanley, Tavon Young, (Alex Lewis), Willie Henry, Matt Judon, Maurice Canady (5-6/11 hits)

2002- 10 picks (notables): Ed Reed, Anthony Weaver, Chester Taylor (3/10 hits)

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Hopefully we try DeShon Elliot out as an ILB. Playmaking instincts, good zone coverage option, and can hit. Just based off of what I’m hearing of our 4th round LB, I’m not a fan of that pick and Elliot could be the solution there instead.

Sounds like he can cover backs out of the backfield, which is something we have needed.  I don't know a ton about him.

4 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Hopefully we try DeShon Elliot out as an ILB. Playmaking instincts, good zone coverage option, and can hit. Just based off of what I’m hearing of our 4th round LB, I’m not a fan of that pick and Elliot could be the solution there instead.

I did always kind of view him as Plan B Derwin lol

Archived