Packers Forum 2018 NFL Draft Discussion (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

Watch the Florida State game and tell me that again. If FSU had a QB, he would've gotten roasted.

I've seen all of both of their tapes that is avail and I still like Bates more. Is that allowed?

I've been applying the Packers measurables metric on the OL and have noticed quite a few centres which made the cut off:

James Daniels

Shelton Coleman - Interestingly he's left handed when snapping. I don't think i've seen a left handed centre before.

Scott Quessenberry

Frank Ragnow - Drafted by Detroit

Billy Price - Drafted by Bengals

Typically the list would be full of Offensive Tackles but this year the list seems populated with interior linesmen. Would we still consider drafting an interior player in college or will we continue to stick with drafting an OT and then transitioning them inside?

The best OT I can find is Connor Williams but I don't see him as a candidate to move inside. He's just isn't thick enough. Nice tape though.

Martinas Rankin played some left tackle but looks to move inside in the NFL. He didn't put up any measurements because of the foot injury but the tape seems to shows hes athletic enough.

Austin Corbett is another tackle but his lone highlight tape didn't stand out.

Braden Smith, Wyatt Teller, Colby Gossett are guards who made the threshold. Inital reaction towards all 3 is positive. Not looked at them deeply to be honest.

4 minutes ago, Chili said:

I've been applying the Packers measurables metric on the OL and have noticed quite a few centres which made the cut off:

James Daniels

Shelton Coleman - Interestingly he's left handed when snapping. I don't think i've seen a left handed centre before.

Scott Quessenberry

Frank Ragnow - Drafted by Detroit

Billy Price - Drafted by Bengals

Typically the list would be full of Offensive Tackles but this year the list seems populated with interior linesmen. Would we still consider drafting an interior player in college or will we continue to stick with drafting an OT and then transitioning them inside?

The best OT I can find is Connor Williams but I don't see him as a candidate to move inside. He's just isn't thick enough. Nice tape though.

Martinas Rankin played some left tackle but looks to move inside in the NFL. He didn't put up any measurements because of the foot injury but the tape seems to shows hes athletic enough.

Austin Corbett is another tackle but his lone highlight tape didn't stand out.

Braden Smith, Wyatt Teller, Colby Gossett are guards who made the threshold. Inital reaction towards all 3 is positive. Not looked at them deeply to be honest.

There's significantly more Packers OL targets on Day 3 than Day 2 tbh.

3 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

No. Just...don't. Take OL on Day 3. Not Day 2.

I would take one because we need one. But I would expect it to be O'Neill or Connor Williams, the guys we had in for visits. (I think Connor we had in for a visit) 

Just now, JBURGE25 said:

I would take one because we need one. But I would expect it to be O'Neill or Connor Williams, the guys we had in for visits. (I think Connor we had in for a visit) 

Day 3. We have more than enough picks to invest on the OL in early Day 3. Get impact skill position players with these premium picks.

Just now, Cadmus said:

The last OLB we drafted in the Top 2 Rounds was Nick Perry in 2012.

Might be time to break that streak. 

If we can get a good one to fall to us. I don't think we will trade up in the 2nd but I'm fully expecting a trade up in 3rd.

Archived