Official Broncos Forum Draft Thread

AnAngryAmerican

7 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Barrett has more value in my opinion. He’s cheaper and is, at very worst, and equal player, but I think he’s actually better than Shane Ray. I would value Shaq at a second round pick and Shane Ray at a fourth rounder. 

Id take a secomd for Barrett 

2 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Huh? Mayfield is not Favre, no matter what his Twitter says. 

Mayfield will bust. 

I get that but I like him a bit jusy not above darnold or rosen my question more so was the guy they took after with chubb on the board and oliver in the second. Landry is there too but the drop off has to be greater from Chubb to him. 

Also Favre failed at,his first stop people forget that.

Side comments:

1.  OAK - great move to trade back.  But Kolton Miller?  Man, get help on D.   And Miller needs time to develop, too.   

2.  LAC - I think LVE would have made them even scarier.  But Derwin James was too good to pass up, a falling BPA pick that I really loved.   Telesco continues his draft run, great start for them for the most talented team in the division.

3.  KC - obviously no grades.

Rest of AFC league random thoughts catching up :

1.  BUF - I give them full credit for trading up for QB - but Allen is truly the boom-bust pick.   Good for them in not having to pay 1.12 & 1.22 - the scenario where they could wait for a cheaper price played out.   I do like getting Edmunds, fits what they need to upgrade their already good D.

2.  ARI - they didn't let MIA or anyone else beat them to Rosen.   Can't deny their value and lowest risk possible.

3.  PIT - did they really want S Terrell Edmunds?  Did they think it was Tremaine?   Weird one.

4.  SEA - I know they loved Penny.  And they didn't have a 2nd rounder, only 3.76.  But man, that was a mega reach.  Build the OL, get RB Rd 3.   Jeez.

5.  NE - Love Michel's fantasy potential, and Brady will love him and Wynn.  But they also needed to address D, and that's ignored.    Very relieved Jackson is not a NE future QB.  BB and his talent, scary.

Now, looking at the Big Board, and the upcoming draft order, here's what I'd guess:

2.33 - CLE - will go T Williams (if not him, then could go Hurst, but I think they'll want to get their Joe Thomas replacement).

2.34 - NYG - will go OL, Williams if he's there; or could go pass rush and Landry.   If they get Landry, pretty solid alternative with Barkley/Landry instead of Chubb/Guice, for example (still would have gone QB in their shoes, but that ship has sailed).

2.35 - CLE - knowing NYG isn't going RB, they can now go Guice.   Pretty solid result instead of Barkley at 1.4.

2.36 - IND - they would fall head over heels if Landry was here.     Otherwise, get talent - DT Hurst or DE Josh Sweat fits the bill.

2.37 - IND - popular to mock another RB - but IND has another 2nd rounder at 2.49, so would be surprised if they went RB here.   I think they pop one CB here, they lost their best CB's to FA.  Either Jackson or Oliver.   Going CB-DL seems like the natural BPA fit.   Landry and a CB, and GM Ballard does cartwheels.  

2.38 - TAM - sadly, this is where I see Will Hernandez go.  Such a steal.  

2.39 - CHI - if Hernandez is there, he goes here, and GM Pace is ecstatic.  Otherwise, I could see them go with a Tyrell Crosby or Brian O'Neill at T.   WR is also possible, given they passed on Cam Meredith, they do need to get cheap WR depth - Sutton stands out for now, but the gap to the next tier, is so small, easy call to pass for us.  

2.40 - DEN - I'd love to say we would have Will Hernandez or Conor Williams here - don't see that.  I do see James Daniels here, great choice for OL.   For CB, it looks like Davis, and 1 of Jackson/Oliver would be here.  Finally, and most importantly, I also see TE Goedert here for sure - CLE, IND, NYG, CHI & TAM have ALL invested in TE heavily.   

Given the above, and the depth of RB/WR left, I in no way, shape or form can endorse a RB or WR.   Too much depth left for 3.70 and 3.99.   I can get behind Daniels/Hernandez/Williams but I think 2 of those 3 are goners (TAM, CHI & CLE all need it).   I definitely could see a top 3 CB left over, which would be great value, especially if it's Jackson or Oliver.  No complaints there.  But the Zach Ertz ceiling, TE Dallas Goedert I'd be thrilled with - and it would address the O upgrade Elway is looking for.   

Really excited for 2.40.  Please, no Chark, no reaching for WR/RB - the Big Board says Goedert, or CB/OL.   Do it, Elway.  Break the Day 2 curse!

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Side comments:

1.  OAK - great move to trade back.  But Kolton Miller?  Man, get help on D.   And Miller needs time to develop, too.   

2.  LAC - I think LVE would have made them even scarier.  But Derwin James was too good to pass up, a falling BPA pick that I really loved.   Telesco continues his draft run, great start for them for the most talented team in the division.

3.  KC - obviously no grades.

Rest of AFC:

1.  BUF - I give them full credit for trading up for QB - but Allen is truly the boom-bust pick.   Good for them in not having to pay 1.12 & 1.22 - the scenario where they could wait for a cheaper price played out.   I do like getting Edmunds, fits what they need to upgrade their already good D.

2.  ARI - they didn't let MIA or anyone else beat them to Rosen.   Can't deny their value and lowest risk possible.

3.  PIT - did they really want S Terrell Edmunds?  Did they think it was Tremaine?   Weird one.

4.  SEA - I know they loved Penny.  And they didn't have a 2nd rounder, only 3.76.  But man, that was a mega reach.  Build the OL, get RB Rd 3.   Jeez.

5.  NE - Love Michel's fantasy potential, and Brady will love him and Wynn.  But they also needed to address D, and that's ignored.    Very relieved Jackson is not a NE future QB.  BB and his talent, scary.

Now, looking at the Big Board, and the upcoming draft order, here's what I'd guess:

2.33 - CLE - will go T Williams (if not him, then could go Hurst, but I think they'll want to get their Joe Thomas replacement).

2.34 - NYG - will go OL, Williams if he's there; or could go pass rush and Landry.   If they get Landry, pretty solid alternative with Barkley/Landry instead of Chubb/Guice, for example (still would have gone QB in their shoes, but that ship has sailed).

2.35 - CLE - knowing NYG isn't going RB, they can now go Guice.   Pretty solid result instead of Barkley at 1.4.

2.36 - IND - they would fall head over heels if Landry was here.     Otherwise, get talent - DT Hurst fits the bill.

2.37 - IND - popular to mock another RB - but IND has another 2nd rounder at 2.49, so would be surprised if they went RB here.   I think they pop one CB here, they lost their best CB's to FA.  Either Jackson or Oliver.   Going CB-DL seems like the natural BPA fit.   Landry and a CB, and GM Ballard does cartwheels.  

2.38 - TAM - sadly, this is where I see Will Hernandez go.  Such a steal.  

2.39 - CHI - if Hernandez is there, he goes here, and GM Pace is ecstatic.  Otherwise, I could see them go with a Tyrell Crosby or Brian O'Neill at T.   WR is also possible, given they passed on Cam Meredith, they do need to get cheap WR depth.  

2.40 - DEN - I'd love to say we would have Will Hernandez or Conor Williams here - don't see that.  I do see James Daniels here, great choice for OL.   For CB, it looks like Davis, and 1 of Jackson/Oliver would be here.  Finally, and most importantly, I also see TE Goedert here for sure - CLE, IND, NYG, CHI & TAM have ALL invested in TE heavily.   

Given the above, and the depth of RB/WR left, I in no way, shape or form can endorse a RB or WR.   Too much depth left for 3.70 and 3.99.   I can get behind Daniels/Hernandez/Williams but I think 2 of those 3 are goners (TAM, CHI & CLE all need it).   I definitely could see a top 3 CB left over, which would be great value, especially if it's Jackson or Oliver.  No complaints there.  But the Zach Ertz ceiling, TE Dallas Goedert I'd be thrilled with - and it would address the O upgrade Elway is looking for.   

Really excited for 2.40.  Please, no Chark, no reaching for WR/RB - the Big Board says Goedert, or CB/OL.   Do it, Elway.  Break the Day 2 curse!

Arizona is in the afc lol jk

15 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Arizona is in the afc lol jk

Getting late, time for bed.    TBH, my mind is still scrambled from Infinity Wars.

As great as the draft was for us, and so much drama overall - Infinity Wars blew it out of the water.   THAT good.   I'll have to rewatch it and see how it holds up over time, but LOTR trilogy-beating good.    Mark Ruffalo (Hulk) said he cried at 3 separate times during the screening, I thought that was just PR - I was wrong.   Powerful to the extreme, if you cared about the characters before - this will blow your minds.   

No spoilers, that's for another thread.  Time for bed.

Archived