Official Broncos Forum Draft Thread

AnAngryAmerican

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It’s the value.  RB can wait.  The CB/OL/Goedert dropoff is massive compared to the RB/WR dropoff if we wait. 

Agreed. Plus the injury concerns with Guice. His running style reminds me of former Buff Chris Brown, and I think he will have a similar injury riddled career (so far his college career has indicated he will)

I want Hernandez - or another OL - but as long as Elway doesn't reach like he has a history of doing and takes BPA I will be happy. There are a number of impact players still on the board and, after getting Chubb, anyone of them would make this a successful draft no matter who else gets picked in later rounds.

6 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

If Orlando Brown continues to fall I think he would be worth a later round pick and let him develop for a year or two.

A HUGE no way.  

Not a talent issue.  Just guys with conditioning issues and who have to play full time are a no go in DEN and ARI.   

DL guys can rotate in and out.   A starting T shouldn’t be.  Kills unit efficiency.  

13 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Agreed. Plus the injury concerns with Guice. His running style reminds me of former Buff Chris Brown, and I think he will have a similar injury riddled career (so far his college career has indicated he will)

Yeah Marion Barber another example.   Bright light burns out quickly.   Same deal with Kerryon Johnson.   

I would do cartwheels if Elway waited to 3.70 3.99 and got say John Kelly & Gallup as RB-WR.   There are other RB-WR combos that work though. Be patient.  

25 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It’s the value.  RB can wait.  The CB/OL/Goedert dropoff is massive compared to the RB/WR dropoff if we wait. 

I agree in theory, but Denver also needs a difference maker at RB. Part of the value issue is that you end up with guys like Booker, who are good value, but marginal backup players. If you like Guice, take him. 

7 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I agree in theory, but Denver also needs a difference maker at RB. Part of the value issue is that you end up with guys like Booker, who are good value, but marginal backup players. If you like Guice, take him. 

I don’t like him that much over others.  

3.70 will get a guy I’m happy with.   Booker being 24 and maxed out was a big factor IMO.   Learned a lot there in retrospect.  The 2017 & 2018 RB depth is just so much better.    At least 4-5 guys I see as viable starters still left.  

Your reply isn’t alone though on Guice love - which is why I hope someone takes that choice away lol.   Hoping reality is sinking for Elway with Chark nowhere near BPA at 2.40 lol. 

10 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

That's moron credential No. 1 - let Mom, who has NO experience in these matters, represent you. 

went to a great organization with a bum QB as a first round pick. probably should have gone 15 picks higher, but I'd say it worked out for him. 

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

went to a great organization with a bum QB as a first round pick. probably should have gone 15 picks higher, but I'd say it worked out for him. 

Gotta say, you're consistent Deuce. you've always had a soft spot for athletes playing QB, haha. IF he works really hard and learns to look to pass first when he scrambles he can become a Tyrod Taylor type passer. He is electric with the ball in his hands, but Cam struggles at 260. I just see another RGIII

Archived