Official Broncos Forum Draft Thread

AnAngryAmerican

16 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Gotta say, you're consistent Deuce. you've always had a soft spot for athletes playing QB, haha. IF he works really hard and learns to look to pass first when he scrambles he can become a Tyrod Taylor type passer. He is electric with the ball in his hands, but Cam struggles at 260. I just see another RGIII

lol, I just really think the game is changing and teams need to be changing at a faster rate than they are. It's why I really talked myself into Paxton, bc I love his athleticism, but Paxton drops his eyes and runs the second he sees pressure or can't hit his first read. @BroncosFan2010 has made a great point in the past when we've discussed this that I totally agree with - you have to be a passer first and a runner second.

Paxton isn't that guy because he has no feel for the position and sucks. I think Lamar can be a good pocket passer w/ the ability to scramble and I think Deshaun Watson, for example, is a passer first as well as being an incredible athlete. But to have the ability to move with the shape of the OL position in the NFL is going to become so huge. And you have to adjust your offense for these guys, which a lot of OC don't want to do. Because they don't want to be progressive and they don't want to lose their jobs. They are gonna be outta here soon enough, though.

Having a Drew Brees or Tom Brady is a always the goal, but it's just not easy to get HOF guys. If you make Trevor Siemian or Joe Flacco or Brock Osweiler or Tom Savage or whoever your QB bc you want that great pocket passer - well, your team is going to stink because there just aren't many talents on this planet that can play the position that well. 

So yeah, it's going to be interesting to see how the game changes. The Eagles just won the SB with a super progressive offensive scheme. It looks like the Broncos are going to stick to the old school style of football and hopefully it works out. If they can get a great OL it's gravy. Shoutout to @AKRNA

3 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

And the Pats keep rolling, adding two quality OL in a day. SMH

Love the Wynn pick.  But Brown apparently showed up at 400+ lbs at OTA’s.  Again.  The 49ers had enough.   Don’t blame them.   Given he is only cheap for 1 year it’s a decent haul for SF.   Especially since they drafted McGlinchey. 

I usually think NE gets ahead of these deals but let’s face it Lynch has had their number the last 12 months.   They can’t even lose a coin flip with NE (technically it was OAK but it dropped the NE pick they gave up for JimmyG behind OAK Rd2 by winning). 

37 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

As much as I would hate to see Shaq go, I think this would be a good move for us. We're not going to be able to pay him market value next year, might as well deal him and one of our day 3 picks and get an extra pick today. 

Im all four coupling him with a 5th for a late 3rd. The fact is with a healthy Ray and Chubb his production will be down this year, so I think he would only net a 5th round 2020 comp pick. 

1 hour ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Im all four coupling him with a 5th for a late 3rd. The fact is with a healthy Ray and Chubb his production will be down this year, so I think he would only net a 5th round 2020 comp pick. 

Yeah, OTC published the formula for a comp pick (finally).    I never could figure it out.  

https://overthecap.com/the-basics-and-methodology-of-projecting-the-nfls-compensatory-draft-picks/

Based on that, the AAV value $ in the FA deal, playing time and post season awards (Pro Bowls) factor in how valuable the FA leaving and FA coming in are.   Ironically Osweiler getting benched in HOU cost us IIRC while T Okung’s Pro Bowl probably put us over the top for 3.99 this year.  

Anyways how goes that relate to Shaq?  Unless he hits a huge payday or has a Pro Bowl season with his new team I don’t know that he even nets a 5th.   So yeah we should absolutely leverage any interest if there is any out there.   No one wanted to give up a 2nd which is understandable.  

Even if we moved from 113 or 106 into the 70-80’s that would be great.  B|

I mean it wouldn’t be a draft without at least 1 Elway trade. 

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Yeah, OTC published the formula for a comp pick (finally).    I never could figure it out.  

https://overthecap.com/the-basics-and-methodology-of-projecting-the-nfls-compensatory-draft-picks/

Based on that, the AAV value $ in the FA deal, playing time and post season awards (Pro Bowls) factor in how valuable the FA leaving and FA coming in are.   Ironically Osweiler getting benched in HOU cost us IIRC while T Okung’s Pro Bowl probably put us over the top for 3.99 this year.  

Anyways how goes that relate to Shaq?  Unless he hits a huge payday or has a Pro Bowl season I don’t know that he even nets a 5th.   So yeah we should absolutely leverage any interest if there is any out there.   No one wanted to give up a 2nd which is understandable.  

Even if we moved from 113 or 106 into the 70-80’s that would be great.  B|

I mean it wouldn’t be a draft without at least 1 Elway trade. 

yeah AdamJT13 was an original FF poster. He was always really close with his estimates and constantly tweaking his formula. Glad to see he's turning his passion into a career.

Archived