2018 NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION

Thaiphoon

2 minutes ago, Woz said:
  1. More likely you can get better value taking a 2nd round G and 4th round RB than the other way around.
  2. I wonder if they'll take a RB in Day Two without trading back.

So a guy a touches the ball more than any other player on the field but the Qb isn’t as valuable as an interior OL?

Oh ok... ugh!

Just now, turtle28 said:

So a guy a touches the ball more than any other player on the field but the Qb isn’t as valuable as an interior OL?

Oh ok... ugh!

We've already gone around this. We disagree. That's fine.

Damn, you put Ridley opposite Julio Jones? *whistles*

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

So we’re going to draft a #4 WR again - for a year or more - instead of drafting a starting running back?

I love Chark also, but Guice is the closest talent to Barkley in the draft. He’s the only other RB that anyone ever truly considered taking in round 1 besides Barkley. And, that didn’t just happen, it happened because of his talent and potential.

Also, our running game struggles are not all on the blocking. Other than Thompson, we haven’t had a RB who can see the holes and hit the holes that are there quickly. Our previous RBs also missed holes which could have gotten them more yards. It’s obvious we need an upgrade at RB, why not get the 2nd best guy available and give Alex Smith an upgrade at RB and someone to support the passing game as well.

Being stuck under the same type morons we find running the Skins has distorted the perception of DJ. Clark is amazing, and the coaches never took the opportunity or recruited anything resembling a qb to help take advantage of the talent they had on the outside.  DJ can blow up a defense being the type slasher that Brady always went to as a go to. And for our team, and how were built. Id take DJ over a guy we cant open holes for and use as he should be used. We cant maximize Guice to his fullest abilities. But we can DJ.

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Let's split the difference and take a TE.

I’ll break my tv if we do. We have a #3 TE and he needs to be developed. Having Sprinkle go through another season as an inactive almost every week when he’s ready to contribute and is probably our best blocker would be a waste.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I’ll break my tv if we do. We have a #3 TE and he needs to be developed. Having Sprinkle go through another season as an inactive almost every week when he’s ready to contribute and is probably out best blocker would be a waste.

We usually carry 4 TEs, our starter can't stay healthy, our backup is old, our 3rd is unproven.  

Archived