1(3). Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

NewAge

Good thing about Darnold's turnovers is that 9 of them were fumbles. I don't know too many QBs that had a fumbling problem and it continued to be an issue. He didn't have the same issue the year before. So I feel good that he can clean up his problems. 

The focus is now on how to build around him. This is the fun part. 

6 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Good thing about Darnold's turnovers is that 9 of them were fumbles. I don't know too many QBs that had a fumbling problem and it continued to be an issue. He didn't have the same issue the year before. So I feel good that he can clean up his problems. 

What’s the first two things you get a young Quarterback?

5 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I hope it starts today with a RB, OL and/or receiver. I know we need a pass rusher but imo giving Darnold as much help as possible is more important

26 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Classic case of typical Jets fans who can’t just be happy that our GM was aggressive and we landed a terrific QB prospect. Give it a rest. 

What’s the difference between what we are discussing and guys with the “Macc should have picked Dak” posts from a couple years ago?

All we’re talking about is how the board fell. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

What’s the first two things you get a young Quarterback?

There really isn't a wrong answer to this pending on who's out there, but I would go oline and rushing attack. Worked a lot for Matt Ryan and + Julio Jones. Turner took a lot of pressure off Ryan in the beginning until he learned how to take control of the game. Then they added Freeman. We have good targets for Darnold, so I'm not too worried about WR even though I do like Ateman as a third round option. 

13 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

He was saying along with footwork the main thing he was working on all offseason with Jordan Palmer, was keeping 2 hands on the ball until it was time to throw.  Usually the fumbles are easy to clean up.  The int's will be a bit harder but he threw far less picks in college than Winston or Watson.    

5 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

I hope it starts today with a RB, OL and/or receiver. I know we need a pass rusher but imo giving Darnold as much help as possible is more important

It depends on who's left out there. I like a lot of names out there, so it's hard for me to decide. We can't leave out the idea of going Center either. It's pretty wide open. 

1 minute ago, rampantjet said:

He was saying along with footwork the main thing he was working on all offseason with Jordan Palmer, was keeping 2 hands on the ball until it was time to throw.  Usually the fumbles are easy to clean up.  The int's will be a bit harder but he threw far less picks in college than Winston or Watson.    

Right, so I think he'll be fine. I feel good about the staff and surrounding he's working with. I think he'll be ready early in the season to take over. 

5 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

It depends on who's left out there. I like a lot of names out there, so it's hard for me to decide. We can't leave out the idea of going Center either. It's pretty wide open. 

I think Long is good at Center honestly. Left Guard is probably the biggest spot because Carpenter in Bates system was bad in Seattle.

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I think Long is good at Center honestly. Left Guard is probably the biggest spot because Carpenter in Bates system was bad in Seattle.

I think he's good at center as well, but he's also a good OG and has injury concerns. If a good center is there, they'll probably consider it. Move Carp and move Long there if it works. I do trust Long at center, but it's a gut feeling. 

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Yea Rick I just got done posting about all the help we need on offensive, that is going to be the fun part, you are correct. There is still a good center on the board Jim Daniels, also a real good guard Conner Williams. They both will be gone before I finish my first beer tonight.

42 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Yea Rick I just got done posting about all the help we need on offensive, that is going to be the fun part, you are correct. There is still a good center on the board Jim Daniels, also a real good guard Conner Williams. They both will be gone before I finish my first beer tonight.

I think they'll be gone as well, but I still like names like Freeman, KJ, The OT's look pretty good, Rankins, and Braden Smith. I can't rule out the idea of someone slipping to the 3rd either. There is a lot that could happen. But I do feel like the BPA by the time our pick comes up will be the defensive side of the ball or WR. It's going to be interesting. Sweat, Jefferson,  or a great 34 DE could be there. I can't even guess what will happen at this point. 

Archived