1st Round Pick (14th Overall): Traded to the Saints

CWood21

The Saints have been to the playoffs once in the past five years.  People forget how frequently that division goes from good to absolute crap.  I really like this move.  The Saints haven't been a sustained success type of team. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

The Saints have been to the playoffs once in the past five years.  People forget how frequently that division goes from good to absolute crap.  I really like this move.  The Saints haven't been a sustained success type of team. 

They've averaged 8.6 wins over the last five seasons.  That's a pick in the 16-20 range.

Just now, CWood21 said:

They've averaged 8.6 wins over the last five seasons.  That's a pick in the 16-20 range.

All we gotta do is root hard for the Falcons, Panthers and Buccaneers now.  Maybe this is the year Brees falls off the cliff.  That 16-20 range could easily become 5-10 range.  In a LOT of ways. 

All we gotta do is root hard for the Falcons, Panthers and Buccaneers now.  Maybe this is the year Brees falls off the cliff.  That 16-20 range could easily become 5-10 range.  In a LOT of ways. 

I mean, they're a Drew Brees injury away from being a top 5 pick.

But we already had the bird in our hand this yar.

PLEASE be the year Brees falls off. This trade would be a home run if its around 10 next year.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I mean, they're a Drew Brees injury away from being a top 5 pick.

Exactly.  Or even if he just has a down year.  I am a big fan of this move.  Anything less than a first round pick and I would have been absolutely LIVID. 

Archived