1st Round Pick (14th Overall): Traded to the Saints

CWood21

Totally cool with the trades and our selection at 18.  If Brees stays healthy and doesn’t drop off much, the Saints will be very formidable again this year.  Stout defense already, and now with Davenport.  Kamara gives Brees so many options.  I’m banking on two late round 1sts next year, which still isn’t a bad thing.

10 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Totally cool with the trades and our selection at 18.  If Brees stays healthy and doesn’t drop off much, the Saints will be very formidable again this year.  Stout defense already, and now with Davenport.  Kamara gives Brees so many options.  I’m banking on two late round 1sts next year, which still isn’t a bad thing.

Oh yeah? Well I think Brees' arm falls off this year and we end up with a top 15 pick. ;) All the optimisms.

Dunno if anyone has mentioned it, but pretty bold move for NO to give up next year’s 1st (a hefty price according to the trade value chart) for a perceived project like Davenport. Not sure how much he helps them next year. 

1 minute ago, Lodestar said:

Dunno if anyone has mentioned it, but pretty bold move for NO to give up next year’s 1st (a hefty price according to the trade value chart) for a perceived project like Davenport. Not sure how much he helps them next year. 

They took Kikaha, they love that type I think. and Dav is super Kik. 

Here's the breakdown without next year's pick factored in. -393 is the net loss. Keep in mind that the #32 pick is worth 590. 390 points is pick #51

Lost 1327             Gained 934 -393
14 1100 18 900  
76 210 147 33  
186 17 248 1  

based on his interview, Gute says they were confident they could move back up as soon as they made the initial trade down. Liked a group of players that were available at 14 and were seemingly surprised to be able to pick up a 2019 1 for pick 14.

2 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

based on his interview, Gute says they were confident they could move back up as soon as they made the initial trade down. Liked a group of players that were available at 14 and were seemingly surprised to be able to pick up a 2019 1 for pick 14.

Where's his interview?

27 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Here's the breakdown without next year's pick factored in. -393 is the net loss. Keep in mind that the #32 pick is worth 590. 390 points is pick #51

Lost 1327             Gained 934 -393
14 1100 18 900  
76 210 147 33  
186 17 248 1  

We surely did well on the draft chart but no question we sacrificed this years roster to do so.  I  just seen Mike Mayock on NFL network say that GMs view future 1st round picks as having second round value.  So while it is still win on the chart, it wasn't nearly as big of a win as we think it to be.  

Archived