1st Round Pick (14th Overall): Traded to the Saints

CWood21

2 minutes ago, SSG said:

We surely did well on the draft chart but no question we sacrificed this years roster to do so.  I  just seen Mike Mayock on NFL network say that GMs view future 1st round picks as having second round value.  So while it is still win on the chart, it wasn't nearly as big of a win as we think it to be.  

Unless you think Derwin was a big win (I don't with Jones in house).. We lost 0 in the move from 14 to 18. Either we got our CB or we got our PR I really believe.

53 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

I will give someone TEN DOLLARS, American, if they can give Drew Brees some totally curable ailment on game days.  Like feed him those sugar free gummy bears.  Or sneeze on him.

What about those fat bars in Mean Girls? Make him Lorenzen weight. 

4fu51c.jpg

6 minutes ago, SSG said:

We surely did well on the draft chart but no question we sacrificed this years roster to do so.  I  just seen Mike Mayock on NFL network say that GMs view future 1st round picks as having second round value.  So while it is still win on the chart, it wasn't nearly as big of a win as we think it to be.  

I'm still pissed about the 3rd rounder. If we stand pat with a boatload of garbage picks I'll feel even worse

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

Unless you think Derwin was a big win (I don't with Jones in house).. We lost 0 in the move from 14 to 18. Either we got our CB or we got our PR I really believe.

To be fair, we lost a 3rd rounder.  Look at last year's group of 3rd rounders.  There is a large number of them that would have started for GB (too include 2 pro bowlers).  

I  wasn't a huge Derwin James fan but I wouldn't have been upset if he was the pick (I'm not a Jones believer given how horrid he was in coverage last year).  I also wouldn't have been upset with Davenport who went at 14.

Our window is shrinking.  Next year we've got 2 CBs, Wilkerson, CM3 and Cobb that are all UFA.  We're likely going to have to fill at least one of those holes with a rookie instead of an experienced sophomore (hypothetically, of course).  

57 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Dunno if anyone has mentioned it, but pretty bold move for NO to give up next year’s 1st (a hefty price according to the trade value chart) for a perceived project like Davenport. Not sure how much he helps them next year. 

Bingo. Someone mentioned that this showed how NO was 'all in', but drafting a project seems counter productive.

All you guys who are still bichin' about the acquisition of a #1 pick next year? You should look at some of the talent in next years draft before you complain too much.

We got a CB with starting ability AND picked up an extra #1 pick.  An excellent first day for Gute.

An initial trade down tomorrow, then utilize those later picks to own the 3rd and 4th rounds!  I think that's the sweetspot of this draft anyway.  Could get 3 or 4 solid contributors yet!

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

We have more than enough ammo to get back into the 3rd. I don't know why people are freaking out over losing the 76th pick in a draft. At least we didn't trade it for Martavis Bryant.

I don't think anyone is freaking out and I'd have much preferred us stay at 27, select the best available CB (which could have easily been Alexander IMO) and trade that 3rd for Martavis Bryant.  

1 minute ago, SSG said:

To be fair, we lost a 3rd rounder.  Look at last year's group of 3rd rounders.  There is a large number of them that would have started for GB (too include 2 pro bowlers).  

I  wasn't a huge Derwin James fan but I wouldn't have been upset if he was the pick (I'm not a Jones believer given how horrid he was in coverage last year).  I also wouldn't have been upset with Davenport who went at 14.

Our window is shrinking.  Next year we've got 2 CBs, Wilkerson, CM3 and Cobb that are all UFA.  We're likely going to have to fill at least one of those holes with a rookie instead of an experienced sophomore (hypothetically, of course).  

DEFINITELY concerns. BUT you leave Jones near the LOS, King outside with House or Williams and Jaire on slot I don't see a huge hole right now. that's tough but as long as Aaron is Aaron we have a chance and adding a first into the future only increases his efficacy late into his career. I think this was a good 1st round so far from the Gute. Still work to be done but we were worse off before today IMO.

Archived